Comparing Pioneer PDP-5070 vs. Elite Pro 1140

Username: Jayman

Jacksonville, FL

Post Number: 3
I was ready to purchase the PDP-5070 from Best Buy this past weekend, but was informed that they were no longer in stock in any of the area stores. Set on purchasing a Pioneer and not wanting to settle for anything else, I found the Pro 1140 on sale at another store. I am extremely pleased so far with the picture quality of the Elite 1140 and can't find any flaws, but I can't help wondering if the extra $700 is worth it. The 1140 came in at $2,999. Would most consider the Pro 1140 to be much better than the PDP-5070?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Username: Macknificent

Post Number: 1
The new 5080 is out this week and it is completely redesigned from the ground up. Word on the street is that it is signifcantly better than even the last Elite model (1140). The new Elite 1150 is also due out very soon. Supposedly the difference between the two is that you can tweak more picture controls on the Elite. They both use the same processor though. Neither are 1080P, but if you sit more than 6 or 7 feet from the tv, you can't tell a difference between 1080i and 1080p. The new 5080 and the Elite are also priced VERY competitively straight out of the gate. The 5080 is online for $2500!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us