No Picture with DVI Cable...WHY?...PLEASE HELP!

Brandon
I bought a Monster DVI cable to hook up to the back of the HD cable box (DCT5100) to the back of my television. The cables are hooked up but I am getting no picture. Why? Is this not what the cable is for? I had been using a Monter component video cable but wanted to use it for the DVD player so I bought the DVI. Why am I not getting a picture. I have the cable signal (coax) going into the cable box, then the DVI from the cable box to the TV. What's the problem.

Brandon
I called the cable company and they said that "this feature is still in the testing phase and is not turned on yet." Explain this to me because the person on the phone could not. Am I going to get as good a picture with a high quality Monster Component cable as I would a high quality Monster DVI cable?

CRAP!!! I spent $100 dollars on this darn cable.

Anonymous
I have a 27 inch JVC color TV which worked fine for the last five years and now when I turn it on I get sound but no picture. Please advise ad to what may be causing this problem.

John G
The DVI output on the DCT5100 is not activated and never will be!

John B.
Hey Guys. Anyone who has a Sony LCD had any problems using DVI connection from DVD player to TV?

I have a new Sony KF-50WE610, and I just purchased the new Samsung DVI player (model# DVD-HD931). It's supposed to be the only dvd player out there that actually comes close to showing HD quality DVD's. See link: http://www.samsung.com/Products/DVDPlayer/Hypervision/DVDPlayer_Hypervision_DVD_HD931.htm

If the image is bright or if it's a scene in the movie that has alot of light, the image quality is highly detailed (almost HD). But when it has to render black levels it fails badly. Any shadows or dark scenes (night scenes), sometimes I can barely see the person in the picture. But when I switch over to the progressive mode and turn off the DVI mode, the picture looks great, even the black levels. Has anyone seen this problem? I'm about ready to send the player back. I spent $400 in hopes to utilize the DVI.

Let me know. Thanks!

John,

See my post in the other topic found here: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/6731.html

Timba
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us