Samsung DLP HLR5067W - Blotches/Smudges on Inside of Screen

Username: Hififool

Post Number: 1
I purchased a Samsung DLP TV approximately 1.5 years ago (in October 2005). Recently I've noticed blotches/smudges on the inside of the screen. The blotches almost disappear as the TV warms up, but they remain slightly visible. Samsung acknowledged this issue on their website for earlier model TV's (HLP models), but when I called customer service, they stated that I am experiencing a different issue. According to Samsung, the HLR models have new screens which address this issue. Funny thing is, my TV is exhibiting the exact symptoms listed on Samsung's website. Seems like Samsung is knowingly manufactuing DLP TV's with flawed screens. Customer service won't replace it since warranty is only 1 year long. Anyone else experiencing this issue with the HLR models? I've attached an image to illustrate the issue.

1. TV Model: Samsung HLR5067W 50" DLP TV

2. eCoustics Thread for HLP series TV: https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/110463.html

3. Samsungs Knowledge Base: http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/jsp/faqs/faqs_view.jsp?PG_ID=3&AT_ID=17146&PROD_SUB_ID=41&PROD_ID=153

Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Kaotik78

Post Number: 40
I looked tonight on mine "really closely" I don't have any of the streaks. I had that back along with my hlp model, they replaced the screen, then that model died, I got a hlr, that model died, I got another.... Sorry to rant a bit, just tired of samsung and the low quality control. Best of luck. I'd offer you my old screen but that's the one with the streaks still..

Username: Hififool

Post Number: 2
I ordered my TV from PCConnection and the first TV to arrive wouldn't even turn on. I called Samsung and they setup a repair appointment for a week later; I would have needed to take a day off of work to meet the repair man. I didn't feel like waiting that long, so I just returned it and PCConnection sent me another one. I bought the HLR5067W TV based on multiple positive reviews, so I figured it would be pretty good. I've read a lot more about Samsung TV's lately, and I'd have to agree with you; their customer service sucks and they don't stand behind their products. As far as brands go, I think I'm done with Samsung.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us