Rear Projection and HD

Username: Ranger4327

Post Number: 3
does High Def look good on projection tv's ??? should i make the plunge ??

Username: Np56

FLorida

Post Number: 9
Here's a paragraph from Utimate AV's Randy Tomlinson's November 2006 review of the JVC HD-61FN97 HD-ILA 1080p RPTV:
"Make no mistake, this RPTV might not hang on the wall, but it can humiliate most flat panel LCD and plasma displays in many important respects. Read on and see how it does this and whether it might or might not be the best RPTV of the year. Hint: It can look real, real good."

The complete review is here:

http://ultimateavmag.com/rearprojectiontvs/1106jvc61fn97/

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 81
If you buy a rear projection do not buy a JVC or an RCA. Bob

Username: Np56

FLorida

Post Number: 10
Well At least Bob Smith should not by a JVC. You see Bob has had terrible things go wrong with his JVCs. Bob now owns a Samsung, which by my count there are more threads with more problems with Samsungs than the JVCs.

On this board We all know JVC bulbs may or may not last the entire time as expected, but I could not find ANY other issues of any quantity with the JVCs. I am not saying there isn't any, I just couldn't find any. As for the Bulb issue, I suspect that some, if not a large percent was due to the early possibly defective batch issue, or people not having the TV on a UPS system.

I have TWO JVCs, one with over 2k hrs and the other one with around 100. I have had NO problems with either. What is VERY INTERESTING, is because of this good forum, I went out to several others and there does not appear to be as BIG an issue with the JVC bulb issue as reported on this forum.

It's very clear there are SOME people here that definitely do not like JVC, but they must have liked the picture quality and that's why they did purchase the JVC. For whatever reason, either defect, or user error, did not get the expected Life out of the bulb. We know the bulbs will be replaced once by JVC (while under warantee) and EVERYONE that buys an HD RPTV regardless of make should get the extended warantee. BUT (big but) if the bulb DID fail and you HAD to pay for it, 200 or so dollars seems to be a LOT LESS than what some of these other HD RPTV sets seem to be racking up in repair costs.

My suggestion is this: IF you have the room for an HD RPTV - get one, because you can get a huge size for less money than a plasma or LCD, and regardless of what you've heard - SIZE does matter! Do some research and then go LOOK at the ones you are interested in. I would not be surprised if you choose a JVC because the picture quality is THAT good.

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 82
The worst picture is on a blank screen which you will get a lot of with a JVC. Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us