Mitsubishi WS-65807 Error Code 22 - Short Protection

Username: Ellingsw

Post Number: 1
About a year ago I fixed the convergence problem on my Mitsubishi WS-65807 but now it will not power on.

If I try to power on the TV, the power light will come on, I will hear a relay click and then it will power right back off after about 2-3 seconds. The TV indicates an error code 22 (short circuit protection).

Before I go digging into the TV to find the problem, is there any one who can advise me what to look for?

I have an unused EET degree and I might as well use it to fix my own TV if possible.

Username: Mits_55

Post Number: 1
Steve Elling,
Did you get any information? I am having the same Problem.
I have the WS-55807.

Username: Smc57

Boston, Ma Us

Post Number: 2
Steven, I'm having the same problem. It just turns on for 1 second then off. Did you replace the (2) STK392-570 IC? That's what I keep reading is the issue. I had the "hourglass" effect for a year or so before it turned off for good.

Post Number: 2
Bryon,

No, I do not have any more information yet. I've been looking around the net but solid information continues to elude me.

Steve (SMC57),

When I originally fixed the convergence problem, I just resoldered the connections on the ICs. I didn't know the issue was the STK392-570 ICs themselves. Then again, a heat sink that big is a clue.

I've also read the convergence ICs will run hot unless the convergence is adjusted as close as possible with the yoke rings then tweeked via the convergence ICs.

I really don't want to mess with the yoke rings and the post about adjusting the yoke rings had to do with a "Mitsubishi WS-65807 eating convergence modules".

I have a DMM with max hold and tried to measure the positive and negative power voltages to the convergence ICs but either the voltages are not applied to the ICs before the short circuit protection kicks in or the F9A04 and F9A05 fuses are blown.

From what I read, the fuses cannot be measured in place, however, I don't see why not. A fuse will either appear like a short circuit (i.e. Good - 0 Ohms) or open circuit (i.e. Blown - inf Ohms) to an Ohm meter. The only way they might not be measurable in place is if they are connected in parallel, however, this is poor circuit design and IMHO a safety issue. Beside, if one fuse goes the other would probably go too.

I thought about bypassing the fuses to eliminate them as a possibility but I would risk damaging other components.

Username: Smc57

Boston, Ma Us

Post Number: 4
Well I replaced the STK392-570 ICs. The original had 5 contacts that were loose. I solder new STK392-570 ICs in put everything back together and now still same thing. Green power light for 1 second. Still show 2-2 error code when I checked. Steven, you mentioned the F9A04 and F9A05 fuses. Do you know if this is what I should replace now? What do the fuses look like? Are there other fuses that may be a problem? HELP!!!

Post Number: 3
It's worth a try to replace the fuses no more than they cost.

I measured both F9A04 and F9A05 fuses in-place with an Ohm meter and both appear to be blown on my TV. I measured other similar fuses next to them and they are good.

The fuses look like a 1/4 watt (i.e. small) resistor only green. As far as the other fuses, the only thing I can suggest is to check the other fuses with an Ohm meter.

On the inside of the cabinet, there should be a "Fuse Replacement Warning" label and on that label it will tell you where all the fuses are located. Plus, every component has a label on the circuit boards so you can be sure which component you're dealing with.

The "Fuse Replacement Warning" label also lists the volt and amp ratings of the fuses, as well as, the manufacture and type of fuse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us