What would YOU buy with $650?

Username: Mikikanazawa

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,
Well I went to Best Buy and Circuit Shitty today to look at some new TVs. My 10-year-old Sanyo (which costed $180 in 1994 dollars) has probably lost like 50% of its contrast. Now that it's summer (and the sun is up later) I'm really starting to notice it.

Sooo... after being overwhelmed at the electronics stores I would like to pose this question to the group. I have a $650 budget. I'd like a TV with a flat screen and great sound. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

I would get the SON KV32FS210 to stay in budget. The 310 has a better comb filter but is 100 bucks more.

Digital TV'S
Unregistered guest
Digital TV'S

Anonymous

Last week I got the Toshiba 27 inch 27AF44 on line from Best Buy for $379. It is not HD ready, does not have picture in picture and is 4:3, however, it has a total flat picture tube and the picture quality is OUTSTANDING! It also has a 3-2 pulldown mode producing as beautiful a picture on DVD as I have seen on tube sets.

It also comes with a one year in-home warranty on parts and labor (2 year for the tube) while many others offer just a 90 day warranty for labor.

There probably are other tube sets offering slightly better picture quality but the added cost is not worth it. From what I've seen on other search engines, those who purchased similar Toshiba models gave them an overall rating of over 4 of 5. If you are not looking for a widescreen, HDTV ready set with picture-in-picture, I don't think you can go wrong with this or the 32" model.

Hope this helps

Anonymous

I have the Toshiba 27AF43. Like above post, this Toshiba rocks! Highly recommend. Also, the Tosh has won best tv in consumer reports.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us