RCA 61" DLP

Username: Helimd

Post Number: 1
Hello,
Okay, I'm getting desperate. Part #212184, the color wheel. Anybody know where I can buy one of these? I've been told that they are on back order with no expected arrival time. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 128
Michael, there is a whole thread on RCA DLP's. You might have better success posting it there and not start a whole new one just for one color wheel problem.

Having said that. Welcome to the Wild Wacky World of RCA. While waiting for RCA to come thru you might do your own 'World Wide' Search on the internet, ebay, parts places on this site, local and national parts places. I threw away all my wholesale parts places when I got rid of RCA products, but I found out where all the retailers got their parts from and called them direct.

Sorry for your problem. I hate to be a wet blanket, but the chances that when you get your color wheel that wont be the problem. That happened to me so many times it got to be laughable.

Username: Helimd

Post Number: 4
Thanks, Jumpback
I replaced the wheel, and just as you said, it didn't fix the problem. I just had to take a stab at it. One thing I got to thinking about.......I replaced the bulb a few months ago, and the set never reacted the same after. The warm-up time was longer, more noise, etc. Could this problem stem from a defective bulb. Without a filament, could this thing be breaking down after a specific warm-up time, then after cooling for a bit, fire up again? What do you think? Thanks, again
MD

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 129
Michael, I only wish I could offer a cure for your ills. With my four year dance with three RCA DLP's I never once got any part problem solved. Cant tell you how many techs came trundling through the house testing, analyzing, ordering, WAITING FOR PARTS. Never once did any part get replaced and the set would then work fine.

I am afraid the only advice I have is from my experience. That experience is that once these sets decided to shut down by themselves you are sunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us