Scart to composite no Sound

Username: Chelsieandnic

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a Philips LCD TV and amd connecting it to a cable box using a Scart to composite cable. I get picture but no sound. I have tried plugging the red and white audio cables into the one digital audio in spot (a big stretch from the rbg spot) but no sound. I have also tried plugging the audio cables into the H and V connections right below the RBG spot, but still no sound. Any help greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 129
Red and White are analog. They wont work in a digital input or output.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the response Marc, does that mean I need another lead, or should the sound come through the 3 RB&G plugs? Because the RBG plugs seem to be in the correct spots.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1405
­
Chelsie, I'm a bit confused here. The thread title is "scart to composite" which would imply a scart®yellow/white/red for video and R/L audio. But later you are talking scart®RGB, which would carry no audio at all.

Post Number: 3
G'day John. THe packaging Says Scart to composite., but it is a Scart from one end and then has 5 leads off it RBG and Audio (Red and White)?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1411
­
OK now I get it. So you have a cable like this one:

http://www.hometheatre.net.au/foxtelcable.htm

Obviously, I can't check out all modern displays on the market, but I have never seen a TV with component (red/green/blue) inputs that didn't have companion audio (red/white) inputs to go with that input.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us