Panasonic Plasma TH-42PD25, power/ video problems?

Username: Frankopaz

Post Number: 1
I have had a Panasonic TH42PD25 TV for a little over two years, and things were great. However I am having a problem getting any of the functions to work right now. Here is the Background. The system is set up to a HD DirecTV box, and a DirecTV DVR. Things were operating just fine. About four months ago there was a power failure in my town. When I came home and turned on my TV, the red light would go on, and that was about it. The background of the TV would glow very dimly, and you could hear the fan running like normal. However, no functions would work on the TV, like Menu, TV/Video you name it. At that time I let it sit until morning, figuring I would deal with it then, and some how in the morning everything worked just fine. At that time I stupidly did not have it on a surge protector, however it was on a grounded outlet. It is since on a surge protector too.

I felt I dodged a bullet, and for the last four months things were great... Until last night. I was rearranging my equipment, so I powered down the TV, and shut off the power strip, thinking it would be a good thing.

I hooked everything back up, and I am back to the black glowing screen with nothing else. I tried letting it sit over night...nothing. I talked to a tech at Panasonic, and they told me to try and hold the OK button and PWR button simultaneously to reset it, but that had no effect on the TV, and no menu's came up.

So I am at a loss. I see many of you have lots of knowledge on this board, so I hope you can help me too. Any advice would be appreciated.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us