JVC - got replace lamp message

Username: Kellyjef

NIAGARA FALLS, NY United States

Post Number: 2
I got the replace lamp message when I turned on the tv this morning.

When the bulb burned out last year, it simply "popped" and the screen went black. This time I got the replace lamp message.

Do I need to replace the lamp immediately (I did buy a spare so I have one)?

The picture is perfect -- can I wait a while before putting in the new bulb? Will the picture just start to get worse and worse?

I don't want to do anything to damage the tv.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvshopper

Post Number: 97
Kelly,

That message is triggered by an hour counter, nothing else. I think it's possible that somehow it didn't get reset when you replaced your bulb last year because I wouldn't think that the warning would be displayed before 5,000 hours or so. It is hard to believe that you would rack up that many hours in a year.

Anyway, you're not going to do any damage to the TV. Continue using it until the lamp goes.

Username: Kellyjef

NIAGARA FALLS, NY United States

Post Number: 3
Thanks!

Actually, my husband is disabled so he's usually home with the tv on for as many as 18 hours a day so the tv does rack up a lot of hours :-(

We bought the tv on 2/20/05.

The bulb was replaced free on 1/18/06.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Kelly,

You're welcome. So, it is probable that your lamp has 5,000+ hours on it? That's encouraging from a lamp-life perspective.

Bronze Member
Username: Potentialjvcowner

Post Number: 48
The key may be that it may only be turned on/off once per day. There has been some suspicion that you could get dramatically more hours with such a use pattern.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
Barry,

The number of on/off cycles definitely affect lamp life. In fact, if I know I'm going to step away from my TV for three hours or less, I leave it on rather than cycling it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us