Color issues with my HLP5063 - blue/red/green screen

Username: Kelly_p

Post Number: 1
I have been researching a continual issue I have had with our HLP5063 and so far I have come close but haven't seen anyone with the same problems I have seen. The TV was purchased about 1.5 years ago (May 2005) and from the start it has intermitently produced colored screens. The TV will turn on normally and when the picture comes up it is entirely blue (looks like someone put blue saran wrap over the set). I was told by Samsung to go to the "My Color Control" screen and adjust - when I tried that that screen was blue too...even the menus to switch through the components are blue.

If I remember correctly, I believe it did this with a green screen and red, but blue is the one that comes up most often. I finally got the 3 blinking lights and called Samsung throwing a fit. The engine, bulb and possibly something else was replaced a few months later and the TV seemed happy, but lately it has started up with the blue screen again. Last night it did something new - it had red white and yellow lines going vertically and horizontally (almost like a big graph over the picture). Turned the TV off and waited, then I got the blue screen and after turning it off again and waiting I finally got a good picture.

So I am at a loss as to what is causing this (when I called Samsung in the beginning they didn't have any clue either). I did see something somewhere about bad connections on the component inputs and the fix was sodering the faulty component...but I wasn't sure if this is symptomatic of that...if it is maybe it's an easier fix than we first thought. Thanks so much for the help in advance!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us