Archive through February 06, 2006

Mitch72
Unregistered guest
I have a 27" RCA TV with guide plus. The TV works but after 5 years the sound just went out in it. The picture is fine and the everything else works. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or what I would need to rplace the part.

Unregistered guest
Mine is just the opposite.. after 5 years use... sound works but no picture. :-(

Username: Rf186

Post Number: 10
Call a tech.
or
With the low price of sdtv's it may make more sense to just buy a new tv. You can get 27" tv's for less than $300 now, and hd sets for less than $600.

bobccity
Unregistered guest
I would recomend getting a cheap surround sound system if you do not want to replace the tv yet. You can pick them up for under $100 at any major retailer. Just a thought.

Unregistered guest
MY 43" SONY BIG SCREEN KP-43T70 HAS SOUND AND PICTURE, BUT PRODUCES A DOUBLE PICTURE- ONE IS FINE BUT THE OTHER IS OUTLINED IN A RED OR BLUE LINE. I CONTACTED ONE OF THE LOCAL TECH's. TECH GIVES OUT A FREE ESTIMATE AND MENTIONED IT COULD BE AN "I-C" REPLACEMENT. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS. COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM? IS THERE A TEST PROCEDURE I CAN PERFORM AT HOME? HOW EXPENSIVE IS THIS? IS THE FREE ESTIMATE A "CATCH"? ANY CLUES?

Username: Ralphtrent

Post Number: 1
A problem i just discovered with my 27" RCA (27664) is that i have audio, but I have no picture from my rear inputs. I can see the on-screen-menu and other features but no picture coming through my rear inputs. I have connected my cable directly to the tv and still nothing. I have taken out my AV reciever thinking the output on that could have went, but that is not the case either. I had my RCA since 2000. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous

i have a rca hd50lpw164 tv only owned for 48 days have volume but no picture any idea whats wrongwhere in Maine can I get service

Unregistered guest
My 32" RCA tv does not work. I was just playing a game on it today. I left the game paused for about 2 or 3 minutes, i came back down & the screen was off. I try turning it back on with the power button but no picture or sound came up. everything's plugged in. I tried turning the tv on with the remote & tried 2 different sets of AAA batteries. My friend thinks the guns or whatever inside the tv burned out. The only thing i can say is sometimes when i turn it off, there's this little green glow that appears in 1 part of the screen, it stays for a while but eventually goes away. im guessing it's something to do with the photon rays but i don't know too much about tv's as i do about computers. Help me out if you know why or how this is happening please.

Username: Golde23

I have a RCA TV. I also have a APEX DVD. This tv came out before DVD. I have played the DVD before and something is not right. I can hear the DVD. But the TV screen is gray in color and "Unusable Signal" is the only thing on the screen. Do you have any suggestions? Every thing is connected correctly. I don't know what to do.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Try another DVD player. This will tell you if the problem is with the DVD player or TV. Apex makes very cheap DVD players and sometimes they don't work well.

Unregistered guest
I have a 32" RCA. Yesterday I turned it on and it was working fine. I turned it off a short while later only to turn it back on about an hour after
that. When I tried it gave no power at all, I've tried everything but it will not turn on. There is no indication of power at all. What could it be.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
This could be caused by several things. First try a 5-10 minute cold start (removing the ac power for 5-10 minutes). This completely resets the micro. If you are lucky, this may fix it. Otherwise, it has a power supply problem or maybe an intermittent solder connection somewhere.

cadilacmike
Unregistered guest
mitch72, i have a 27" rca tv with the same problem also, but, in response to bobccity i do have surround sound and the sound doesn't even work with that either. I ask a guy and he said it was the amp, but i looked for a list of parts and couldn't find any audio amp parts for the model f27645 does anyone else have any ideas i really dont want to buy another tv yet this is still pretty new

Marcus Aurelius
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA 53" home theater tv. A few days ago, the picture went to black & white only, and started making an intermittent popping sound. After a couple minutes, the tv powers off. This has continued to happen over the last few days,
and the picture still only displays in black & white - until the tv loses power. Does anyone know what the cause may be?

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 45
How old is it?

If it's old enough, one possibility could be that the liquid coolant inside the lens of the projector CRTs may have managed to leak out and caused a short.

In any case, this may require a repair that can only be done by an experienced technician.

Either that, or consider replacing the set with a new one. My advice: never buy an RCA. - Reinhart

Username: Bcorbett

I have a RCA Projection TV I bought in 97
model number: p46810lv
Been working fine, til acouple days ago.
It now will not turn on. I hear the speaker boom but it just won't fire up. No sound no Pictures. Does anyone know what the issue is.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Sounds like the power supply is shutting down due to a fault condition. This one will require a repairman to fix.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA 32" and when you turn it on the sound goes down and then turns itself off...it then turns itself back on again and off. What could this be?

jorge21
Unregistered guest
i have a rca 58" and the sound is ok, but no picture,anyone know what can i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 83
"I have an RCA 32" and when you turn it on the sound goes down and then turns itself off...it then turns itself back on again and off. What could this be?"

Willing to bet it's that infamous cold solder joint problem with the tuner located inline with the mainboard.

Discontinue use of the set and have it checked out by a repair professional. This problem will only get worse and can cause a failure with your television's EEPROM which will keep the set from running at all. - Reinhart

Unregistered guest
I have a RCA 32" MODEL #32V55OT CTC ITC008GYV, the problem is that I replaced the horiz. output and now the television turns off and on randomly. Anyone with a solution to my problem, please contact me in an email to navarra5@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous

I have an RCA TV. The sound went out November 15, 2005. I came home that night thinking if I unplug my VCR the sound might come on. I unplugged the TV instead, by mistake. When I plugged the TV back in, the TV made a lot of clicking sounds but the sound came on and the TV was as clear as ever. I got a message on the screen that said reset. Then I just pressed the menu button. And the menu came up. This seems to have solved my problem. Thank God.

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Much like computers, many strange television problems can be resolved by cycling ac power. It's always a good first step to cycle ac power.

Username: Joeyrego

I have a GE 27gt271 tv that was given to me. Everything seems to work fine until...
Channels 2-6 are snowy. I can see the picture in the background but its like it is layered with snow. Also when I go to channels above 51 or so they all seem to be stuck on the same channel. I hooked the cable up to my other tv and 51 and above are working correctly and are definately not the same channel.

Can someone help me in solving my problems? thanks

Unregistered guest
RCA TVs have a lot of problems, huh? I dont know how old my RCA is (I'm guessing about 3 years due to the model number on the site), but it has no picture. Sound is fine, but no picture. Sometimes I have a picture, and sometimes I dont. I often mute the TV and leave it on, hoping for a picture (which sometimes works after about an Hour).. If anyone can give me some tips on what I should do, I would be greatful. I dont have the money (or the time) to take my TV to a repairer, and frankly, it would be pointless consitering I got the TV for free.

J CAMPBELL
Unregistered guest
I have a 32 inch rca tv and have dish network hooked up to it. I have connected a dvd player to the tv but I don't know what to set my tv on to watch the dvd. The dvd player is working I just don't know how to scan the channels to find the correct av channel

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Newer tv's don't have a/v channels. . . they have inputs.

Turn on the DVD player. Press the "Input" button on the remote to step through the various inputs. You will eventually come to the input for your DVD player.

Unregistered guest
I have a brand new Apex 21" TV shelved for over an year now. Everything works fine except the sound system. The volume seems to fluctuate intermittently. I cant go to repair coz I dont have money or time. Plz help !!

Username: Joeski888

i have a 1998 rca 56"..my cats claws put little scratches in screen..can this be replaced ?

Unregistered guest
i just got a brand new rca 27f522t for christmas the picture is clear but no volume i tried using the sound options and the mute button but still no sound can someopne please help?

Melissa Y
Unregistered guest
I'm having the same problem as a lot of people here with my 60" RCA projection TV. My sound goes off intermittently and I would power the tv off and back on, and when I did that a few days ago I lost the picture. Now I have sound but just a greyish screen. None of the other inputs work either. Strangely enough, the menu screen comes through perfectly clear though.

If any of you experts have any advice to offer before I go spend an arm and a leg on a professional repair, it would be greatly appreciated. This problem coming right at Christmas has to be the worst time, considering the financial burden after all of the gift giving.

Thanks for reading,

Melissa Y

Melissa Y
Unregistered guest
A cold restart solved my problem! Thanks!

Melissa

Anonymous

my 27 in rca developes a strange greenish hue when a white or bright screen is on when i play a dvd about the middle right of the screen {when faceing tv}any help or advice would be great
{also there are no speakers or magnets near tv}

RandyM
Unregistered guest
You are driving the screen too hard and then "blooming" occurs, which is when the shadow mask gets too hot. Turn down the contrast setting in the video menu to a lower level and then this will not occur. Doing this will also improve focus and picture clarity.

Silver Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 569
"Doing this will also improve focus and picture clarity."

Including longer playing life of the TV.
(Brightness may be set too high as well.)

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA 25 inch that I bought 3 years ago. I am trying to use my Toshiba DVD but I do not get a picture or sound. I am pretty sure I hooked it up according to the instructions. The DVD hooks up to the front of the tv. There is no where in the back for the hookup. I have a VCR also attached that works fine. The manual for the RCA does not mention anything about a DVD hookup. Am I missing something?

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Make sure you have the DVD composite (yellow jack) cable connected to the tv. Press the "input" button on the remote until you see the DVD menu screen.

Unregistered guest
I have a 27" RCA tv, and it keeps zooming in. It now cuts off parts of the right and left side of the screen. There is some curved distortion on those sides as well as discoloration. Does anyone know reasons why it did this or how to fix it?

Unregistered guest
well my problem is that I have a dvd player that is connected through my video(using the rca connections)and then to my tv set. now my tv will play the sound fine but there is no picture at all. I have no other options because I don't have another tv to try it on and I tried it on my brother in laws tv but it did the same thing.I tried the cold start but no success.Help!

bford7777
Unregistered guest
I have a 10 yr old 35" RCA that when I use my DVD, faint bars seem to travel across the screen. These bars stand vertical and move horizontally across. I have changed DVDs but no luck. Anybody have an idea what's going on? or how to fix it?

Anonimus 2
Unregistered guest
Thank you anonymus for your insight in how to fix sound problems on the RCA! We had your same problem and followed your lead and now the TV works!!!!!!!
But don't you find it ironic in this DNA age, 21st century, high tech epoch that this can happen?!!!
Is RCA part of Microsoft?!!!!!

dwest
Unregistered guest
Our TV sound just stopped working. The DVD sound is fine that is hooked up to it, but the TV just buzzes when I change back to TV. Does anyone know what that could be?

Unregistered guest
I have a Pro Scan 35130 made in 1995, the picture just started to flicker like a machine gun going off.....any thoughts?

Unregistered guest
DWEST. My TV did the same thing lastnight. I power cycled it off for 20-30 minutes and turned it back on then it worked for 5-10 minutes just fine then it started buzzing again. I cycled it on and off a couple of more times. The last time I unpluged the external speaker system and it seems to have done the trick (I Hope). If anyone has any other ideas my tv is a year 2000 RCA 36" Tv.

Unregistered guest
DWEST. My TV did the same thing lastnight. I power cycled it off for 20-30 minutes and turned it back on then it worked for 5-10 minutes just fine then it started buzzing again. I cycled it on and off a couple of more times. The last time I unpluged the external speaker system and it seems to have done the trick (I Hope). If anyone has any other ideas my tv is a year 2000 RCA 36" Tv.

TJJ701
Unregistered guest
I have a 10 yr old RCA 19 inch TV and just recently the picture started to flicker continously. Given what a smaller TV costs I can't see spending $50-$65 just to find out what is wrong and that it will cost another $50 or whatever to fix. Any ideas what is going on?

dwest
Unregistered guest
Cself, thanks for the info!!! Would you believe, I read through some of the other problems people were having & unplugged mine for about 10 minutes - plugged it back in and it works fine. That is crazy!! I would have spent no telling what for some tech to come out here and do the same thing. Thanks!!!

Unregistered guest
I have an older rca tv 32" that for some odd reason its like the cable goes out and the tv goes static or snowy if you hit the tv or move it it goes back to normal we have replaced the cable cords opened it up and cleaned it out does anyone know what i can do to repair it??

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Unfortunately, you probably have a poor grounding in the solder points around the tuner that will only get worse with age. Any seasoned servicer knows what to do to fix this.

Bird_Dog36
Unregistered guest
I have a 32" RCA TV and sound stops working tonight, I disconnected the TV from power source for five minutes and plugged back after and it works again. Thank you for the trick!

Unregistered guest
I have a 52" RCA home theater that has a half an inch black bar on the bottom of the screen I have dish network going through S-video and through my VCR/DVD player input 1. the black bar is there on Svideo but not in the guide menu, not there on DVD, and black in white bar on VHR

Unregistered guest
My tv also has a clicking sound when it been off for a few hours

Maleus Maleficarum
Unregistered guest
Help!: RCA Colortrak 24" (model, year unknown, no labels anywhere, how can I find out model #?) with RCA inputs in back, no s-video, no Menu button, auto ch search buttton, NO remote;

The Inputs dont work. My RCA universal remote 'Input' button didnt access the DVD, just basic funcs. I access DVD & higher channels via VCR.

TV by itself wont go past cable channel 13. How do I fix this? And how do I access DVD Inputs? pls post here. merci!

Maleus Maleficarum
Unregistered guest
RE: RCA Colortrak prob;
Never mind guys, found answer. CHANNEL 92 for DVD Inputs, and changing the samll grey switch on back from 'Normal' to 'Cable' fixed the channels. Now I wanna see if can tape a channel while watching another. we'll see...
Does anyone know how to find model number for this one? labels are peeled off. IS RCA part of Microsoft?!?!?! Bwa haaha!

Username: Jbowhey

I have a 27" rca thats about 5 or 6 years old and lastnight the sound went on it and came back....later in the night the sound went again and we unplugged it from the wall for about 30 secs which made the sound come back for a brief period, we tried to see if we played a dvd if the sound would work and it did....weird??? Anyone have any suggestions?? Why would sound on the cable not work but work with dvd??

RandyM
Unregistered guest
Read the 27" RCA help thread and other threads about Guide plus audio problems. Bad data from Gemstar is causing widespread audio issues. Plugging the ac power for a few minutes will give a temporary fix, but work is being done to track down the offending source of data.

Unregistered guest
I have an RCA CTC203.The audio went very low,and I descovered it was going into SAP (secondary audio).If I brought up the menu,it was not on SAP,however,I could not get it out of that mode.Unplugging set will rectify the situation until set heats up again.Any ideas out there?
Thanks

Barb G
Unregistered guest
Thank you to Randy M and all others who suggested cycling AC power. I tried many things before finding these messages - could have saved a couple of hours had I looked here first.

Unregistered guest
We have a 4 year RCA tv and starting to notice the color is turning red in the faces but in some scenes in a show or news channel the color will be fine but other times the color is red or pink in the faces what causes that and what do I do to correct this problem? We do have dishnetwork satellite.

Unregistered guest
Last night the sound on my 5 year old 31" GE TV/monitor went haywire. Some channels come in, others are in Spanish, others just play static, and others have a notice that I'm listening to the SAP, and should change to Main in the audio menu. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a 'Main' setting, and toggling back and forth from SAP doesn't help.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 582
dasbow~ I've gotten a few calls from customers reporting this exact same problem. Have you contacted GE yet to see what they have to say about this issue? I'd be curious to know what is going on with the SAP issue, keep us posted as to what you find.

Unregistered guest
Cableguy, I sent them an email, but I found some intriguing info on this thread.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/16787.html
A lot of people with RCA TV's had this problem pop up in the past 3 weeks. Might all have to do with Gemstar and GuidePlus, and maybe more specifically to Spike TV. Might want to ask your customers if they have GuidePlus, and if they were watching Spike when it went out.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 583
thanks for the cross link dasbow, I'll know what to tell customers now.

icewhite
Unregistered guest
My RCA 32 inch bought 2000 with guide plus lost sound today and we were trying to figure it out and I decided to check out the web and volla' we unplugged it and now it works. BRAVO! Now we have to figure out if it is the guide plus because we have dish network and don't need that service. Can you cut guide plus off? Internet is worth every penny.

Unregistered guest
Hey Cableguy, check out that other thread again. Very interesting developments.

Phen
Unregistered guest
This site RULES... I was seriously contemplating throwing out my TV and buying a new one until I read this site thanks to Googling. I own a 6 year old RCA 27" (with GuidePlus) that suddenly started to have cable television audio only issues. What was strange was that local channels were fine but the networks and import channels were buzzing scratchy sound while showing perfect picture quality. DVD and all other video/audio imputs were unaffected. I simply disconnected the power and let it sit for a while. All is fine and I'm curious why Guideplus could affect sound in this way. God.. just like a virus!!

Anonymous

It has been an ongoing battle the 36" RCA will go into SAP without warning. I have taken it in for service and nothing can be found wrong????
The unpluging works but sometime for a few minutes, very frustrating any more news on a perm. fix from RCA?? I may just get a clapper so that I can easily cycle it on and off until a fix comes down?

Dianne
Unregistered guest
We have a RCA TV that the sound turned static. This just recently happened. Had the TV for years and worked fine. This past weekend was gone... came home & turned the TV on and have a picture but sound is static. Went off and on sound (more off) Called the cable company and was told it was a problem in the RCA TV. Was given a 800 #. Called the 800-336-1900 number and was told the set went into SAP Mode. Whatever that is. Was told to unplug the TV and leave off 2 minutes. That did not work either. Was told this problem just happened a few days ago. They said they did not know what the problem was as of yet and would call or send written correspondance.
Anyone else having this problem?

M Acklie
Unregistered guest
I bought my RCA guideplus in 2001. I work for a cable company in Fort Worth, TX. My TV was staticy when my husband turned it on for the sound, but it also made my cable box go out. Tech came out & checked my line and my line was fine. He hooked up a portable TV and it worked fine. I got on this website and read the other complaints and resolved my problem. I had to unplug my TV for a good 5 minutes and replugged it back in and redo my whole setup through the menu option.

Username: Keystone13

Blue Bell, PA USA

Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 12:37 pm:
It has been an ongoing battle the 36" RCA will go into SAP without warning. I have taken it in for service and nothing can be found wrong????
The unpluging works but sometime for a few minutes, very frustrating any more news on a perm. fix from RCA?? I may just get a clapper so that I can easily cycle it on and off until a fix comes down?

HAHAHAHA - Great idea! - Same dam problem I have......

Username: Keystone13

Blue Bell, PA USA

Post Number: 2
Anonymous

Posted on Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 12:37 pm:

HAHAHAHA - Great idea! - Same dam problem I have......

MSTrumpet
Unregistered guest
I could use some help...I recently got a used RCA tv and the picture moves up and down on the screen leaving a large gap at the top of the screen and cuts off the picture as it goes down, is there some way I can fix this or is the tv just dead

Unregistered guest
I have a 27" rca tv only a few months old and it's already giving problems. It cuts the screen off on both sides and tries to fit it which in turn causes a curved look. I would use the warrenty but I lost my proof of purchase. Is there anything I can do myself or should I use it for target practice. Oh, by the way I tried unplugging it for about 5 min. and same ol', same ol'. I also looked for a degause button but no luck.

Unregistered guest
I have a 36in RCA tv about 8 years old picture was fine. When I power it on it powers off and then on and then off and on and off and on - eventually after about 3 or 4 times powers off and stays off. It was working fine picture perfect sound perfect. Perhaps a power supply or switch is bad - Ideas anyone?

Username: Staticx

St louis , Mo Usa

dashbow thanks for the thread but i was wondering if any1 know how to fix this probleml. I have a 46" GE TV with guideplus and I started getting that annoying scretch from my tv about 3 weeks ago. Pretty much the only way to avoid this problem is by not watching spike tv. Now i dont know why that channel makes my tv wack out on me but im trying to find out, and any1 who know anything about this issue please post thx.

Grant Hollingsworth
Unregistered guest
I have a 20" RCA Tru Flat tv that I bought a little over a year ago. Recently, it started blinking, and then the sound would go out, but picture was fine. Turn it off and back on and it's fine for another 5 minutes or 30 sec or whatever. It blinks a blue screen just like it does as if you were turning it off, and then no sound. Sometimes it only blinks once or twice in a row, but then sometimes, it blinks repeatedly and then no sound. But again, turn it off and back on, and it is fine for a few minutes. Any ideas on how to fix this? I do not want to pay a lot to have a $140 tv repaired.

mr post
Unregistered guest
hey i have an older 14 inch Akai k117 model t.v and it has av inputs in the back but i can't find how to access the av channel. There is no remote or panel buttons to access it. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

mr post
Unregistered guest
hey i have an older 14 inch Akai k117 model t.v and it has av inputs in the back but i can't find how to access the av channel. There is no remote or panel buttons to access it. Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Anonymous

I have a 1987 RCA ColorTrak Stereo Monitor TV. The picture and sound start blinking, skipping and jumping and then it starts channel surfing all by itself, usually coming to a stop at channel 20. I tried disconnecting it from cable, the digital cable box and a Panasonic VCR. It makes no difference. If I unplug it for awhile it may work for a day and then the problem returns. At least it was a used freebee. Is it worth trying to repair it? What could the problem be? Someone said I could bypass the problem by hooking up in-put and out-put wires to run from the cable box to the VCR and from VCR to TV.

Anonymous

Forgot to mention that it's a 25" TV. It weighs a ton but I can get model number if it would help.

Brioli1li
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA 27 inch (guide plus) that I bought back in 2000. Today the sound went out on it, and all I heard was static. The picture quality was great, but the sound was static, and didn't change when I changed the channels. Thanks to everyone for the information on this site. I unplugged my TV for 5 minutes and plugged it back in...all fixed :-)

Username: Jerolson

I have TWO RCA/GE TVS! We've been experiencing the same problems SAP/No SOund) for the last week, and we've been unplugginig the TVs on a regular basis. And, yes, it started after watching SPIKE TV.
Thanks to all. Hopefully, we'll all get the problem solved soon.
I wonder: Will we need to fix the problem ourselves or will RCA/GE do it for us.

Unregistered guest
This was an E-mail I sent to Spike TV to possibly provoke some sort of response.

You may already be aware of this problem but I feel compelled to send you a note to and give you a chance to respond. I am an avid fan of Spike TV but about a month ago my TV started having problems. I never even associated SpikeTV with my problem until I went online and found some TV forums where others are having the exact same problem. It seems there is some sort of incompatability with my GE TV which has a Gemstar product and your TV signal. It seems that randomly when Im watching TV, in this case Spike ( I havent been able to duplicate this on other stations ) my TV sound goes out and all I get is static. I initially took my TV to the repair shop but they were unable to duplicate the problem (mind you they didnt have spike TV broadcasting ). I took it back home and unfortunately the problem happened again. I finally decided to go online and see if this problem was happening to others and it seems that they are and its associated with Spike TV. I decided to perform my own test by keeping my TV on for 10 hours on another station with no problems. After switching to Spike TV the problem happened within 15 minutes. I dont think this is a coincidence. I understand there are more parties invoved here than just Spike TV. There are the TV manufacturer and the component manufacturer as well as probably others. I want to let you know I cant and wont watch Spike TV till this problem is resolved. This may sound drastic but it is very annoying to have to unplug my TV to reset it every time this occurs. Please respond to my E-mail as I am anxious to get this resolved. I really do like Spike TV and would love to start watching again. Thanx Roger Olsen

Ill respond here with theirs if I get one. Roger.

Gaines
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the heads-up with the RCA SAP/GuidePlus problem. We'd gone without watching cable for a week until I came across this board. We unplugged the TV and so far so good.

Sure doesn't make me want to buy another RCA or a GE TV!!

Anonymous

SYMPTOM: SET JUMPS TO SAP MODE FEW CHANNELS OR NO CHANNELS
HAVE AUIDO OTHERS HISS.

The problem occuring in the CTC 195,197,203 Chassis is in fact caused by the broadcasting
companies. A non standard signal originating in a particular '' XDS box " in the transmition
chain (XDS means extra digital services) and includes closed captioning,auto clock set,program
guides,VIR color levels ect, all broadcast in the vertical interval) the signal originating in this XBR
box made by the "XYZ" company (names deleted) has 2 extra bits. It causes a buffer overflow
in the micro and mutes the sound. This XBR box does not truncate the data stream and the extra bits
get broadcast there. This problem can be corrected.
Jamison Stone PORTAGE ELECTRONICS
For information call (330) 297-1491

Anonymous

HAVE AUIDO OTHERS HISS.

The problem occuring in the CTC 195,197,203 Chassis is in fact caused by the broadcasting
companies. A non standard signal originating in a particular '' XDS box " in the transmition
chain (XDS means extra digital services) and includes closed captioning,auto clock set,program
guides,VIR color levels ect, all broadcast in the vertical interval) the signal originating in this XBR
box made by the "XYZ" company (names deleted) has 2 extra bits. It causes a buffer overflow
in the micro and mutes the sound. This XBR box does not truncate the data stream and the extra bits

Anonymous

HAVE AUIDO OTHERS HISS.

Anonymous

HAVE AUIDO OTHERS HISS.

Anonymous

HAVE AUIDO OTHERS HISS.

Fifi
Unregistered guest
I have a 52 inch RCA hdtv. It worked perfectly for a year but today I heard a weird noise and the screen went blank. I smelt something burning though my tv seemed fine. Now my tv makes a funny noise when you turn it on and the screen is still blank. Could this be caused by my picture tube burning out?

Grant Hollingsworth
Unregistered guest
I have a 20" RCA Tru Flat tv that I bought a little over a year ago. Recently, it started blinking, and then the sound would go out, but picture was fine. Turn it off and back on and it's fine for another 5 minutes or 30 sec or whatever. It blinks a blue screen just like it does as if you were turning it off, and then no sound. Sometimes it only blinks once or twice in a row, but then sometimes, it blinks repeatedly and then no sound. But again, turn it off and back on, and it is fine for a few minutes. Any ideas on how to fix this? I do not want to pay a lot to have a $140 tv repaired.

Grant Hollingsworth
Unregistered guest

Anonymous

Even though, thus far, no one has answered my question about the self-channel surfing 1987 RCA ColorTrak Stereo Monitor TV...It didn't help with with my TV problems but a friend who is a techie wizard said to put black tape over the remote eye on the TV because other remotes, even though not programmed to do so, can interfere with other audio/video components that also have remotes. That was my friends last easy fix for my old RCA. I guess my capacitors are dieing.

Unregistered guest
I have a 15" RCA Tru Flat tv/dvd combo that is about a year and a half old. While watching tv for about 30 minutes it switches on its own to dvd mode then it has to stay off for varying lengths of time before it will come back on in tv mode. When it's in tv mode reception, sound, etc. are perfect. Any ideas?

Anonymous

This is unbelievable, all I see about having to "reset" the TV, only way is to unplug it and 'reset' it for at least an hour. I have a 36' and the sound starting going out, I can kinda hear the text but it's mostly fuzz. If I unplug it, then it resets, then today the guide plus lost everything. Are there memory chips perhaps defective(if that's what is uses)?

Unregistered guest
Does this sound familiar. We are on Direct Tv. Tonight while watching, the sound went out, we then turned off the TV, then the cable picture went out. The volume bar, the TV channel number, and the menu still come on. Is this a problem with the TV or the Direct TV??

Unregistered guest
My RCA 27" 2yr old the picture is going on and off. I have unpluged and repluged no change. I get a pic for a few sec then the pic is gone. The TV stay on but the pic is no there. Sound is fine. Can anyone help.

fifi
Unregistered guest
Just throw your tv away rca is a terrible company and I suggest never buying from them again. Try phillipes they seem to be a better brand. I know because I have a 60 inch tv and it has lasted a long time and my crappy 52 inch rca lasted untill the warranty went out.

Username: Latinpops313

RCA 32" TV - Model 32V55OT

I also have a 32" RCA with the same problem as others listed on this site. The TV was working fine up to the 3rd month of purchase. The unit just turned off one day and it would not turn on. There was no indication of power at all.

I've had it serviced 3 times (twice within warranty) and when service is done, the unit works for about 2 weeks then turns off again.

Can anyone help?

rumreich
Unregistered guest
This problem is caused by a closed-captioning encoder problem at SPIKE TV. The encoder generates illegal codes, producing errors that cause a buffer overflow in RCA, GE and other brands of TVs. In RCA products, this causes the TV to go into SAP audio mode. You can clear the problem by unplugging the TV for a few seconds, then plugging it back in. SPIKE TV has reportedly been contacted and asked to update the software for their captioning encoder to solve the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us