Q box or Tuner??? sony kdf55wf655

Username: Schleprock

Post Number: 2
sony kdf55wf655 purchased 05/04/05 > have dish network satelite with 311 reciever. Here's problem:got hdtv locals ota utilizing outdoor antenna b4 but not now.What i've tried... went to antennaweb.org verified which channels i could get and antenna direction...hooked antenna cable directly to tv uhf jack to eliminate any problems(satelite and antenna routed through diplexors b4)scanned for channels> no digital....reset tv,went through setup,scanned for channels > no digital...called local yocal electronics repair guy ($45.00)-he scanned for channels,called me later and said new tuner needed ($270.00)installed but when i asked him about the Q-box he said he "wasnt familiar with that term" , so i'm skeptical(he said he's only been in two other sony lcd tv's b4)....called sony again > waste of time they are csr's not techs,they told me to call sony authorized repair 65 miles away > they say $159.00 just to look at it but suspect the Q box..... from sony website tuner $82.12 or $38.40 (depends which one) and Q box $639.72 I'd like to know if anyone knows what i could do to determine which is the problem so i dont get taken for a ride.Also if either of these components died why do i still get regular analog ? any input would be appreciated ive scanned the inernet for days now with no similar problem reported. sheesh a little over 2 years old and the tv breaks i feel gyped ;(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us