Can i get hd programming

Silver Member
Username: Bill984

Post Number: 204
my digital cable without the box? i have 2 plasma tv's with dvr's but want to replace the lcd in my bedroom. this slvania tv says
"Take this opportunity to get an integrated high definition (HD) TV that's over two and a half feet wide, for just under $700. Sylvania's sleek 32" model comes with the digital (ATSC) tuner built in, so there's no need for a set-top box to get your favorite programs in stunning high definition."
does that mean, since i already pay to have hd signal with my cable, that i can run the cable straight to my tv and get the hd signal?
i guess if it does i wouldn't get hbo etc even though i get it with the dvr. or are they really saying you need an antenna?

Bronze Member
Username: Mvanmeter

KY USA

Post Number: 85
ATSC tuners are for free over-the-air digital TV from your local broadcasters. It will require a TV antenna, indoor if you are close to the towers, an outdoor model if you are 20 miles or more from the broadcast towers.

To view cable TV signals, your TV needs a built- in QAM tuner.

enter you address in www.antennaweb.org and see what is available - sort the results for digital TV only
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us