Grex or Red Pro by Dimax users inputs

Username: Tnwillia

SC

Post Number: 1
Looking for comments from anyone who has or is using the Dimax Grex or Red Pro. Need your inputs, good, bad, so-so on these units. I know Sima CT-2/200 are the big thing here but I'm looking at the Grex and would like to know how you feel about it's ability to go VHS or SAT to DVD. I'm using an older Sony VHS and a Pioneer 640HS 160G DVR. Thanks in advance for your help!

Username: Ella

Post Number: 8
Grex will do it.
http://www.xdimax.com/grex/grex.html#TVG

Grex will let you record protected TV channels from SAT/Cable Receiver, STB, PVR, DVR, TiVo Entertainment and Broadcasting ( Cable and Satellite ) companies protect some commercial TV channels to prevent permanent digital recording of these channels. In other words you may not be able to record protected TV channels with DVD/HDD recorder connected to SetTopBox/Receiver/PVR/DVR. It is achieved by transmitting Digital Broadcast Protection Flags that are recognized by modern DVD Recorders. Grex will fully remove Digital Broadcast Protection Flags and will let you record any protected TV channels.
For the reference please take a look at the list of the most popular broadcasting companies and protected TV channels that the Grex was successfully tested on. DirecTV
ComCast
Time Warner
Dish Network
Bell Canada
On Demand Movies
Pay Per View (PPV)
TV Networks
Music TV
NFL Network
HBO
HBO2
Showtime