Sony KV32FS120 - standby flashes 5 x

Username: Boxerbear

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I have no experience in TV repair; however, being over 600 km from the nearest Sony repair centre, have some interest in finding out if I am able to repair my KV32FS120 (170 pound hulk).

The Symptoms: The TV will turn on with a severe green tint and after approximately 2 - 3 seconds will adjust to a more normal colour - after another 2 - 3 seconds the picture will go black (blank). In the brief time we see the picture - in comparison with our smaller bedroom tv the once superior picture on the Sony, now pales in comparison (very washed out colour). Audio continues (audio is never lost at any time). There are very faint horizontal green lines (several inches apart)when the picture is lost, and when powered off it closes with a solid horizontal green line at the centre of the screen.

I downloaded a service manual (the standby light blinks 5x - rests approximately 3 seconds and then repeats the sequence) - indicate the IC001 (M board is faulty) or screen (G2) is improperly adjusted.

I have done some research and am confident of attempting to adjust G2. Is this a reasonable 1st course of action based on the symptoms? Any and all advice appreciated.

Thanks.

BB..

Bronze Member
Username: Stevestar99

Dahlonega, GA

Post Number: 11
Turn down the screen control (G2). Your CRT maybe on it's way out. Just turn it down to the point where the lines disappear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us