How to connect Protron DVR100 toRCA DVD combo model # 20F510TD

Username: Kj752

Post Number: 1
I usually have no problem doing these things. I have the new RCA/DVD combo and am trying to connect my Protron DVRW. I do have Direct TV and have the coaxial from outside to the unit, the coaxial to the input on the Protron DVRW and from there to TV. I connected from the Protron player/recorder to RCA TV using S-video (along with the audio out to the RCA TV) I could not get any kind of picture from the Protron on the S-video input, or any of the other inputs. I exchaned the S-cable for a plain cable to the TV. AV1 shows up with a grey/black distorted screen but no picture. I present the "p-scan" on the Protron without any change. I want to use the Protron DVR100 to record from the TV. Of course with the DirectTV I have I can only record what I am watching. But as of now I cannot even get the TV to acknowledge the Protron unit. On the large TV it had been used on I had to have the TV on "Video" which this TV does not have as a selection. Called Protron and they kept telling me to put the TV on Video and once I made them understand it didn't have the option I was instructed to call RCA "and they can tell you how to hook it up". I can't locate a number for them. Any one know how I can get this hooked up? Thanks.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us