Buying a new DLP..Need help

Username: Justinsane

Post Number: 1
I have 3 DLP's in mind and they are all priced at $1800(cad).. the JVC HD-52G786 which has the D-ILA technology, its a 52in but the pic on display looked a little dark and the sales guy sayd it was priced at like $3200..The Toshiba 52HMX85 which is a special theater model origionaly priced at $3000 and has the TALEN technology and its a 52 as well..and the sony KFE50A10 it was $2500 and its a 50in ..u guys have any info??..or maybe a dlp for around that range thats better...

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 794
Only the Toshiba is actually a DLP.
JVC has been experiencing many lamp failures.
Sony LCD's are nice, but not as nice as their SXRDs. Their customer service isn't nice at all. All three are 720P displays. I'd rather own a 1080P myself. Well worth the extra bucks. I like the HL-S series from Samsung. (HL-S 5087W or 88W) It's the best HD picture I've ever seen. Sony's SXRD series is a close second. (KDS R50/60 XBR1) Just my .02! :-)

Silver Member
Username: Hamtec

Post Number: 569
I have 53 " toshiba dlp and I would recomend this TV to anyone interested is buying a dlp it is great and I love it and think it is worth every penny.

Bronze Member
Username: Crashnash

Post Number: 29
I would not purchase a JVC--their customer service, in my opinion really is terrible.

Crashnash

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 800
Crash,

I've been reading your posts in the other thread. It's really sad that JVC hasn't changed lamp suppliers yet. The Tosh lamps are inferior to the Phillips. Hopefully, they will see the right light!

Username: Justinsane

Post Number: 2
i dono i think i like the toshiba, judging from the picture on that model it looks so much better than the rest for some reason..must be that TALON thing..looks pretty sharp

Bronze Member
Username: Crashnash

Post Number: 30
Derrick: My son has a Toshiba and they have as a courtesy to their customers warrantied their lamps on their 56" sets for two years. He has had his Toshiba for just about a year now. He has not yet had a lamp problem-however Toshiba has sent him a spare Lamp--just in caseYou can see Toshiba's written notice to their customers at the JVC Short Bulb Life Site.

CrashNash
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us