Are SONY rear projection big screens lemons?

Username: Jtla

Los Angeles, California Usa

Post Number: 1
I purchased a high-defintion ready, SONY rear projection TV (KP-53HS30) in 2002, which has been used no more than 4-6 hours a week and it just blew up on me (I believe it was the convergence circuit).

Has anyone else had a problem with this model or with SONY products in general? The TV is only four years old and I bought SONY because of its reputation for quality. The SONY authorized repair company here in LA told me that this model has had a lot of problems.

Is there anyone else who has any information about this? I also bought a cheapo SONY DVD player two years ago and it broke after I used it about ten times. Is SONY having problems or do I just have bad luck with lemons?

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 546
Previous generation Sony's were not lemons I really liked them and they worked for years with full use. I purchased a Sony rear projection on 2000 w/o warranty and it crapped out a yr later. So i'd say since 2000 Sony has been going downhill

Silver Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 324
Sony has always been pretty good. I think you just got unlucky. If they say that model had a lot of problems I would try changing models.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 575
They WERE good, recent products are nothing but problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us