Unlock Codes for SONY RDR-GX220

Username: Moddan

Post Number: 1
I need the region unlock code for the SONY RDR-GX220 dvd-rw player. If anybody has it, please let me know.

Post Number: 2
Don't worry folks, I've got it!

In order to unlock/decode a SONY RDR-GX220 (or any of the XXX-XXX20 models from SONY) simply do the following:

1) You need to get a SONY RM-VL700T remote control, and set it on "DVD" (of-course).

2) Change the commandmode on your DVD-player to "DVD1" from "DVD3" using the remote control that came with the DVD player.

3) After you've set the commandmode to "DVD1" simply input the following sequense on your SONY RM-VL700T remote control:

AUD (a.k.a. MUTE), 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

4) After you have pressed the above key combination turn your DVD player off using the main power switch on the DVD player, and then turn it on again.

5) Insert a DVD disc which you could not play before, and see if it works. If not, redo steps 2-5.

6) When you can play DVD's from all regions, reset your commandmode to "DVD3" using the remote that came with the DVD player.

PLEASE OBSERVE!:

Regarding the other XXX-XXX20 models from SONY, before you input the sequence mentioned in step 3 you should put your DVD on standby mode using the main power switch on the DVD, and then enter the code.
The DVD player should only remain powered on if it is a RDR-GX220. All other XXX-XXX20 models should be put in standby mode!

Hope this is helpful!

Username: Cgorricho

Dear M.M.

I live in Germany and also bought a code-locked RDR-GX220 (I sadly found out later that they sale these models code-free in Switzerland!!)

I could not find the remote you mentioned (SONY RM-VL700T), hence bought an universal one. After a couple of tries, I managed to have the universal remote work with the DVD under DVD1 mode.

Nevertheless, I followed the steps you suggest, but the DVD is still locked. Can this procedure you described be only performed with the special SONY remote? Are there any alternatives? Could unlock codes be different in Germany/Europe?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

CARLOS A.

Post Number: 3
Hi Carlos!

I regret to inform you that, to my knowledge, the procedure only works with the SONY RM-VL700T remote. If everything else fails you might try and visit the store where you bought the DVD and ask them if they might be able to either unlock it or lend you a RM-VL700T?

Please also not that you must switch to DVD1 mode while using the remote that came with the player, not your universal remote or the RM-VL700T.
Also make sure that you have pressed the right key-combination:
MUTE, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Best regards, M.M.

Username: Beckyjatkinson

LondonUnited Kingdom

Have the same DVD player but can't find the remote control anywhere to buy on the internet

Username: Thelotts

Bolinas, CA USA

Can anyone help me, I have a Sony RDR-VX530 combination VCR/DVD Player & Recorder. Of course, like most things sold in the U.S., we get an error when we try to play our PAL DVDs. Does anyone know how to unlock it so it can play all DVDs, like all those Region 2 DVDs we have that we can only watch on the computer right now. Thanks in advance for any help! I only have the remote that came with the DVD Player, which is a RMT-D224A, plus another Sony DVD Player remote and two Sony TV remotes.

Post Number: 4
Sorry Sabine and Jonathan, but this thread is for the SONY RDR-GX220 or any other of the XXX-XXX20 models from SONY. If you wish to attain knowledge about the RDR-VX530 then please consult a thread regarding that particular model, or if such a thread is unavailable, please create one of your own.

Best regards, M.M.

Username: Coustic

Hey Moddan,

Thanks for the very knowledgeable input however before I buy a SONY RM-VL700T as per your recommendation, do you know if this might work for the Sony RDR-HX1020:
http://www.sony.lv/view/ShowProduct.action?product=RDR-HX1020&site=odw_en_LV&pag eType=Overview&imageType=Main&category=DVD+Recorder

Also I'm new to this but does unlocking the DVD functionality enable the recording feature in a different region e.g. could I record to the hard drive in a different region?

Thank you

Post Number: 5
Hi Bill!

I can not personally guarantee that it will in fact work with that specific model; however the factory manual which the store gave me said that it will.

Also regarding the recording feature I can't say wither or not you'll be able to record in a specific region, since most SONY DVD-R/RW's I've encountered record in generic Video-format which is pretty much universal. Also, after the end of each recording-session, you get to choose from "Write information on DVD so that it can only be played on this DVD player? Yes/No", at which point I choose "No" enabling the DVD to be played on most entertainment devices.

Hope this information was helpful!

Username: Coustic

Post Number: 2
I was curious as to whether it would be able to record a NTSC signal when the region I bought the set in was PAL. What you say about the generic video format makes good sense so I guess I won't know without trying.

Thank you very much again Moddan. All I need now is a SONY RM-VL700T although these appear to be as elusive as hen's teeth ;-)

Bronze Member
Username: Tamus

Post Number: 19
I know this is a little late, Well a lot late, but here is a link that might have the remote.

Bronze Member
Username: Tamus

Post Number: 20
I know this is a little late, Well a lot late, but here is a link that might have the remote.
http://audio-video-foto.hyperinzerce.cz/dalkove-ovladace/inzerat/2112701-sony-rm -vl700t--28ucici-se-dalkovy-ovladac-29-nabidka-jihomoravsky-kraj/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us