55" to 58" Plasma

Bronze Member
Username: Edunham

Post Number: 21
Does anyone have a reccomendation of a good 55" (approx) plasma? I see the Toshiba product line has 42" and 55", but don't know the difference between the different models. Any others out there that anyone would suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 493
Hitachi.

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 964
Marc,

Why the Hitachi over a Toshiba? Can you enlighten us a little? THanks, Dave.

Bronze Member
Username: Edunham

Post Number: 22
I actaully meant Hitachi (don't know why I wrote Toshiba). I think what Marc was doing was correcting me. I guess my same question prevails in that what is the difference within the 55" family between the three models offered?

Silver Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 967
Dang,

I can't any information from anyone on the Toshiba 50" plasma, even in your thread Erik. LOL Dave.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 494
okay- sorry for the delay. My mention of Hitachi was not meant as a slam on Toshiba. In fact, Toshibe sources their glass from someone, and it very well maybe Hitachi.

That aside, Hitachi 42 inch ALIS technology panels and their 55 inch panels were side by side same feed at CES in Vegaas in Janaury 2006 and was in front of both with an Hitachi Vice Prez asking questions.

Their 50 inch 1080P prototype was about 5 feet away in a different display and feed construction.

Opnions; I thought that the 42 inch ALIS panel was superior in PQ to the 55 inch display same feed simultaneous viewing. The hitchi rep was the only one besides me that could pick it up however at that time. They are both good displays and both would be welcome additions in my house.

The ALIS technology on the 42 inch allows for some next door picture-pixel info sharing efficiencies and smoothness and that is a laypersons description ( mine). The 55 inch display is still very good however.

Hitachi as a company is solid and does good R and D on their plasma displays. They arent as aggressive/fanatical about plasmas as Pioneer and Panasonic but they are right there as a solid stable product line with Quality products for sure. AN excellent and worthwhile consideration for the plasma shopper.

Username: Cleveland_plasma

Cleveland, Ohio USA

Post Number: 3
If it is not to late, Panasonic 58" are around. They should be in full flow soon. The TH-58PX600U looks to be a nice piece.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us