Samsung 50" (HLR5064) reviews?

Username: Dc2

Post Number: 4
I recently picked up this Tv from best buy, I got for 2k cdn, it was on sale down 350 dollars. I purchased it cuz it was cheaper than most Tv's for that size. But I noticed there were 2 of these tv's already returned and were on sale as opened items should that be a hint that this tv is not very good? so far the tv has been great although some DVD's look too grainy, for the 360 it looks really clear and sharp however
I can exchange my tv within 30 days, should I be looking at getting a Sony Wega 50" LCD instead, it'll be maily used for playing 360 and watching Dvd's

Username: Asamizay

Centreville, VA Usa

Post Number: 9
dennis: i bought the same tv over a month ago. I have an issue w/ the screen. there are two big gray spot on the screen. I had Best Buy check it and it was determined that the screen was defected. I called today to get it exchanged and I found out that it has been discontinued. I was considering getting the S series but somone from Best Buy told me that there is a color distortion problem with the new model and that is why it is a bit cheaper. I m not sure what to do either. I have looked at Sony Wega 50" LCD also but I heard DLP are better.
I have the option of gettng the screen replaced but I m not sure.

Can someone please advise?

Bronze Member
Username: Turbo15479

Post Number: 19
Why don't you look into a rear projection crt? I have one and the picture is great. If you had a dlp and crt side by side there would be a slight difference but not by much. I have mine in a large room and the picture is great from any viewing angle. The only drawback is the picture is slightly darker if i am standing up, but I don't watch television standing up. I know new technology is great when it is finally perfected but look at all the threds of people having problems with these sets. if the bulbs lasted as long as stated an extended warranty would cover the bulbs also. All the extended warranties I am aware of cover only one or none. Go to your store and look at the crt rear projection next to the other stes and see what you think. This is only my opinion, everyone is welcome to think differently than me. Bob
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us