Blue Ghost on Screen

Username: Chooch147

Post Number: 1
I have a 4 year old Sony KP-43T90 rear projection TV. All of a sudden I have a blue ghost on the screen. The left half of the screen is bad -- the ghost is a few inches to the right. The right half of the screen is not so bad, but noticeable. Anyone have an idea if this is an expensive repair?

Username: Chris0311

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 7
sounds like convergence IC's. depends if you think around $300 is expensive or not.

Username: Chooch147

Post Number: 2
Wierd thing today happened. For a few minutes, the "blue ghost" flickered heavily, and then the screen went back to normal. But then about a minute later it went back to the original problem. There are no TV repairmen who will give me an idea without charging me to look at it. Anyone out there know???

Username: Coolcarl05

Post Number: 2
I have a Sony KP-61V85 Manufactured 2000, with simular problem only the ghost is red. it doesnt flicker though it used to flicker on the whole picture. I would clear it up by useing my remote on the DVR to pause and play. That would fix it sometimes. It wouldn't flicker all the time. Some times I could go for days with no problems. Just recently I noticed now I have a permenant problem with the left side of the screen with the doulbe vision with the red outline about 6inches from the left of the screen. You can really notice it with letters. I guess you can call it a ghost look. The center and right side look perfect in focus and color. I have posted the same problem and wish I could fix it myself. If all it takes is replacing a part. My name is Carl C Hayes Jr.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us