Bronze Member
Username: Revan

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 54
Now that we have life-like HD images, isn't the
next step 3D ? Can you imagine the potential
in adult programming ? Blockbusters ? I actually
almost moved backwards during a movie scene where
something fell towards me on a regular program.
Maybe cause i sit 7 ft from a 60" ? What about
HD on demand. Time warner ? You have most of
the other premiums on demand why not HD. We are
hungry for more HD programming.

Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 8
Yeah, 3D would be nice, but I don't know if people want the hassle of dealing with the funny paper & plastic glasses the whole time.

Also, my expectations of 3D really sunk. I recently bought the Shrek 3D movie (note that I haven't seen a 3D movie since...I don't know). So I was probably more excited than they were; once the movie started, I thought, "It's gonna get better, right?" Wrong. Not necessarily that the movie (only 16 minutes) was bad, but that I expected more 3D from a 3D movie. Weakness. I may be more thrilled with the 3D effects from a Viewmaster. But I guess that the whole 3D thing is a technology yet to be mastered...

Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 9
Yeah, 3D would be nice, but I don't know if people want the hassle of dealing with the funny paper & plastic glasses the whole time.

Also, my expectations of 3D really sunk. I recently bought the Shrek 3D movie for my kids(note that I haven't seen a 3D movie since...I don't know). So I was probably more excited than they were; once the movie started, I thought, "It's gonna get better, right?" Wrong. Not necessarily that the movie (only 16 minutes) was bad, but that I expected more 3D from a 3D movie. Weakness. I may be more thrilled with the 3D effects from a Viewmaster. But I guess that the whole 3D thing is a technology yet to be mastered...

Anonymous

you havent seen 3D till you watch one of the latest IMAX 3D shows - blows what you think 3D is out of the water - cant wait till they can do the same on an HD broadcast

Unregistered guest
There are plastic framed glasses called Anachrome that give better color and minimal eyestrain that
replace the "funny cardboard glasses". When those
are used with HD the experience is way better.
The 3D DVD market for Polar Express, Star Wars, etc. will be helped as these better glasses are
offered in the video stores. Full info at www.anachrome.com

3D Movies Forever
Unregistered guest
"You haven't seen 3D till you watch one of the latest IMAX 3D shows - blows what you think 3D is out of the water".

Absolutely!!!!

If everyone had been able to see The Polar Express in IMAX 3D... a revolution to convert all movies to 3D, would happen immediately.

The experience is nothing short, then when sound was introduced, for the first time, to the movie going public.

Stars Wars is, right now, being converted to 3D... to be premiered on its 30 Anniversary.

Once you've seen a "true" 3D movie, watching 2D is... well, second rate.

IMAX has just announced a process that will convert all 2D films to 3D... and, for me, it can't happen soon enough!!!

Allan Silliphant
Unregistered guest
3D is especially great at making close detail
look completely alive. When I see 16 x 9 digital
3D video on my Sony 32 inch HD I am totally
blown away. I can walk up to the screen with the glasses on and actually reach into the picture,
since the image is floating in front of the screen as well as on and in the screen. Very trippy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us