Mitsubishi WD52628 or Sony KDS R60XR1?

Username: Hawkssr

Mesa, Az

Post Number: 2
I am considering buying a Mitsubishi WD 52628 DPL. Has anyone got this model and how well do you like it. I have seen good reviews on the Sony KDS R60XR1 but have been told that replacing a bulb in it was very expensive whereas it is not for the Mitsubishi. Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 284
There not too high for the Sony.Especially since there rated @ 8,000 hours.If you want a nice DLP for the price get If you have the 60SXRD in mind the go ahead and scoop one up.Bigger screen,way more contrast and 1080p set.

Mesa, Az

Post Number: 3
Thanks drummer. Does this sony have pip, from what i've been told the mitsubishi does.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 286
Yes the Sony has PiP.

Username: Chasp

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 4
I have the Mits 52628, all i can say is it's near perfect!

Chas

Mesa, Az

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your input Chas.

Bronze Member
Username: Johnd7

Post Number: 15
How far are you going to be sitting from the screen? Keep in mind that is an important consideration. I just got the 50in. Sony SXBR and 10 feet away is perfect.

Username: Chasp

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 5
I have had my Mits 52628 since Nov of 05, and not one problem so far! It replaced a Loewe 38" Aconda. The black levels are very good on the Mits, with over the air HDTV , and with my Pioneer DV-59 hooked up with HDMI the pic will just blow you away!

I never thought the Mits would compare with my Loewe, but i think the Mits is a step better.

I will have Craig R do a calibration on the Mits this month.

Chas

Username: Sendsley

Post Number: 1
Looking at the Mits 52628 at Nebraska Furn Mart over the weekend. The "Stretch 480i" picture with a cable tv input look really bad..... Anybody have DirecTV hooked up? Does the stretch picture for non HD look good? Thanks in advance!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us