PIP problems with a Panasonic 31" Monitor-Receiver

Username: Potawatomi

Post Number: 1
I have a problem with a Panasonic 31" Diagonal Stereo Monitor-Receiver with Two-Tuner P-I-P, purchased in 1995 (Model Number CT-31G30T).

Sometimes the reception in the PIP window is so snowy that the image cannot be seen. I contacted Panasonic and was advised to 'reset your unit' by:
1. Have the TV turned on.
2. Press action and power down at the same time on the front of the unit.
3. Hold them down for six seconds.
4. The unit will turn itself off.
5. Unplug the power for 15 to 30 minutes.
They said, 'If this does not resolve the issue, then we recommend service.'

Going through these steps did *not* clean up the reception in the PIP window. Anyone have an idea what's going on?
Thanks for your help.

Username: Ibknut

VA. USA

Post Number: 1
Are you connected to cable service? Or have cable box?

VA. USA

Post Number: 2
whether you have cable or an antenna, attach a good video splitter, then run one cable to tv and run 2nd cable to vcr. from vcr run 3 cables from video and left & right audio to tv video and audio tv intakes.(don't run cable between vcr to tv)

Username: Potawatomi

Post Number: 2
Doris, thanks for your response.

Last night I checked my connection. I do have the cable connected between the VCR and the TV. This weekend I'll rewire my system.

I still have several concerns, however.

1. The image in the PIP last night was perfect. Sometimes the reception is great, and sometimes it isn't. I'm not sure why that is.

2. I've had no trouble with the PIP reception for over 8 years. Just recently, however, the reception sometimes is bad. Again, why?

3. The owner's manual notes two possible connections: 1) the one I have now (with a cable connected between the VCR and TV), and 2) the connection you recommend (the manual specifies to use this connection "if you wish, an external video source -VCR, etc.-may be monitored in the PIP Frame.") According to the manual, it really isn't necessary to use a signal splitter to get a good image in the PIP frame.

Doris, I do appreciate your input. Do you have any further thoughts on this?

VA. USA

Post Number: 3
1st are you using newer shielded cables? they keep interference away.
2nd if your cable company has upgraded their system you definite need new ones. always use the gold ended cables whether they are push on or screw on.( screw on give a better stable connection).
3rd the reason I setup as I stated before is that
I have digital programs about 100 that I can watch on tv and in my pip
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us