Recording tv video 2 onto VHS

Username: Maa

Post Number: 1
I need help on how to connect my tv to record on my vcr. I have a camera(home security) hooked up to the front of my tv in the input plugs. The Tv must be on Video 2 to view the camera data. Now I want to record what I am seeing onto a tape in the VCR. How do I set this up?
On the back of the TV I have 2 sets of 'input' plugs as well as the input plug on the front of the TV. How do I hook up the vcr and what channels do I use? I am using the camera system to monitor a mare that is getting ready to foal and I want to record the birth on
a vhs tape. Im not that technical inclined so I need pretty detailed information. Thanks! MA

The Phoenix
Unregistered guest
OK. Sounds like your tv does not have video outputs. You have at least two choices: 1)you can hook your camera's output directly to your vcr's input and connect your vcr's output to your tv's input or 2); you can purchase an av selector/splitter with at least two outputs, connect your camera to an input and run one output to the tv and the other to your vcr. There are other possibilites.

Username: Maa

Post Number: 2
Thanks, I used option 1 and was able to record. thanks for sharing your knowledge.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us