Lost Pioneer Media Receiver during move

Username: Ark

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 1
Hi,
Recently moved to a new house and when I finally got to hooking up the home entertainment system(s)the Pioneer Media Receiver (along with several other components) appear to be missing. Called Pioneer, thinking that a replacement (couldn't) cost more than, maybe, seven or eight hundred dollars. HAH! They won't even sell one, unless you take the plasma along with it. One thing this 50" plasma wasn't and isn't is inexpensive and the thought of having to replace it because the media receiver is MIA is very distressing. Made the usual moves like checking on ebay, audiogon etc. Nothing. I watched a sale on one receiver close right B4 my eyes at just under 700.00. I had no idea just how sought after these boxes are.
So, after a lot of discussions and one in particular with a guy that (claims) to be using his Pioneer Elite with a Gateway computer, figured this might be a simple resolution. I picked up all the system goodies and built another computer. (component list below) Connected everything up and, not a thing has changed. I still have a black screen. Does (anyone) have a clue how to set this computer up? Or, is this simply a poor joke, on me?
Many thanks,
ark
Computer: ATI Radeon X700-PRO, ATI HDTV WONDER, Gigabyte MB with PCI-Express, AMD 3200 socket 939, 1gb memory (2x512), Sata HDD, Plextor DVD. Using coax input from Cox TIVO rcvr, DVI out to plasma. Also have LCD connected on the analog side of card. Both channels are enabled.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us