Can this be done?

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 126
OK, anyone with experience with this?
I want to add a plasma tv to my current setup to save on bulb life of projector currently in use.
My question:Can I use both the component video out(currently giving signal to projector through anthem AVM20) AND also use the DVI output to give signal seperately to the new plasma? The monitors(projector and plasma) would not be on at the same time, and the signal would be coming directly from the HD tuner box via DVI to plasma, and component to Anthem for projector. Will I have picture degradation by doing this if even possible, and will the HD tuner even allow me to do this? Your help is greatly appreciated, as I wont purchase the plasma if this is not possible. Thanks in advance, Dave

fx
Unregistered guest
You need to specify whehter you are using a cable, satellite or stand alone tuner/receiver. Then we need the manufacturer and model number of the unit.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 127
Direct TV. SonyHD200 box. hope that helps. Ive done some research on the unit itself, but cannot find an answer of whether or not I can use both DVI, and component outlets at the same time, even if only using one monitor at a time. Ive done all the research I can think of, just hoping someone here has done same thing in the past. Or tried to. Thanks, Dave

fx
Unregistered guest
The answer is yes it will work perfectly well as you described in your first post.

xvxvxvx

fx
Unregistered guest
I thought I might add that on your Sony receiver you could use both your projector and plasma at the same time. What it will not do is provide an output over the S-Video and the other outputs at the same time. The very similar Samsung model Samsung SIR-TS160 tuner would allow all outputs at once. Your unit is nearly identical to the Zenith HD-SAT520 (both are based on a design by LG (Lucky Goldstar).

One feature I found particularly useful on your Sony tuner is that it has a light on the front panel which illuminates when a true HD signal is detected. No more guessing, "Is it in HD or isn't it?"

xvxvxvx
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us