Sony Wega KFE42A10 vs. Sony KF50WE620?

Username: Thegame198

Post Number: 1
I'm looking forward to buying a new tv approximately 42-50 inches in size in the up-coming month.

I've been doing some research for about two months and recently I came across these two televisions...

The first is the Sony Grand WEGA 50" HDTV KF50WE620 for $2399 Canadian at Costco.

The second choice is the Sony WEGA 42" Widescreen LCD KFE42A10 at Best Buy for $1999 Canadian.

I am leaning towards the tv at Best Buy because you get 1 years worth of HD television for free.

Should this even be a factor in my decision?

Which tv is better? And what other good 42-50 inch tv's are out there for under $3000 Canadian?

Thanks

Anonymous

The A10 is a native 720p set while the other is is that odd panel resolution of 768p. Not a big deal but one to one pixel mapping is nice to have. Of which you could never get unless you use a scaler with the we620.

If this is your first HDTV you will be happy with either one. If you look around hard enough you should be able to find a E50A10 at the same price as the older we620 you are considering.

omarko
Unregistered guest
No major issues with the 620 since purchased in November 2004....as a matter of fact no positive or negative feedback posts observed here either
(which = tv is good)

omarko

Username: Thegame198

Post Number: 2
Which tv is better and what is the difference between the two?

Which choice is the best?

a) The first is the Sony Grand WEGA 50" HDTV KF50WE620 for $2399 Canadian at Costco.

b) The second choice is the Sony WEGA 42" Widescreen LCD KFE42A10 at Best Buy for $1999 Canadian. Also comes with 1 year free HDTV and Sony DVD recorder. Stand will cost an additional $400

c) Other tv. Please specify.

JohnZ
Unregistered guest
I happen to be looking at the same 2 TV's. I'm leaning toward the 42".
From what I've read is the best way to decide is to put the any 2 TV's next to eachother playing the same feed (they did this at best buy) and simply compare the picture.
The 42" had an impressive sharpness and the colour is good.
Apparently Sony fixed some of the problems they had from their last rear projection but as someone else has mentioned I've been looking for people's reviews and there are not many.

I also have read that it's worth buying the extended warrenty. Any thoughts?

Username: Bobcalkin

Post Number: 2
Go over to avsforum and check this thread out http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=562185 there are over 7000 post on the 42A10. It is probably the happiest owner's group on that forum, which is much bigger than this one. You definately want the A10 (either 42 or 50) as it is a newer model and the technology has matured a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us