Copying VHS to DVD via a DVD recorder and VHS player

Username: Ness

Post Number: 1
Hello all, new to this, so bare with me please. I would like to know if it is possible to copy VHS to DVD by hooking up my VHS player to my DVD recorder. I need to know if the cabling will inter-connect and also if there are any copyright infringements involved. I'm not talking about commercially bought VHS's, but home videos, weddings, births ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2253
You can copy any tapes that aren't copy protected, anything but retail tapes in other words. Connect with RCAs and set the recorder on whatever input you used.

Username: Ktv

Post Number: 1
Hi David. I am not technically inclined so I am hoping you can help me with my problem. I just bought a panasonic dvd recorder. I connected it to my tv and an old toshiba vcr. I also bought that sima thing that you recommended in another forum (for copying vhs tapes to dvd). My problem now is when I play a vhs tape, there's sound that seems to be coming from another channel that's playing at the same time the sound from the tape is playing. When I went ahead and recorded that vhs tape to a dvd (hoping the extra sound won't record), I was mistaken. Do you have any idea what's causing this sound problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2456
Is the VCR connected with RCAs? It should be. Did you set the recorder on whatever input you connected the VCR to? Have you checked the tape to see if the audio is right on the tape? You may have had SAP on when you recorded the tape. Check and see if the TV is on SAP.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us