Can panasonic DMR-ES20S record copyrighted movie from TV

Anonymous

Hi everyone. I am in the process of buying a DVD recorder. I have searched the net and I thought the Panasonic DMR-ES20S was OK. but I read in some sites that it does not record movies from showtime or HBO. is this true? if yes, do you have any suggestion what to get instead? I thank all with replies.

fx
Unregistered guest
Any recorder that will recognize the 5C copy protection flag (which includes all the 2005 and later models) will not allow copies if the flag is set to "Copy Never". That said your local cable company controls if, when and how the flags are set. They often make mistakes and set the flags incorrectly. You might try to reach a tech from your cable company (not a CS rep) and see if they can confirm the flags are being set correctly. If you have Sat service you are out of luck.

PS: HBO and SHO have requested that the flags be set to "Copy Once". I just now reread your post and see you don't even own the unit yet. Please return when you discover if you even have a problem in the first place.

xvxvxvx

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2147
Most if not all RAM recorders will allow copy once programs to be recorded to RAM discs.

Anonymous

Thanks guys, these were some very good infos.

Anonymous

FX.
I am in the process of buying a home. I was planning to get satellite letter. Are you saying the satellite does not allow any recording of any movies? And also I like to know is this copy right stuff only applies to movies or shows and sport events are also included in this. Thanks again

fx
Unregistered guest
Anon,

No I just meant I am not at all familiar with the copy flags and how they are set from the Sat services.

xvxvxvx

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2156
Copy once is used on more than just movies. Toshiba and Samsung both allow copy once on RAM discs, the others probably do too. If you get an E-55 or older recorder, you shouldn't have problems with copy once. I used a 4DTV satellite with an E-10, E-20, and for a short time an E-50 and E-55, I never had any copy protection problems.

Username: Faramarz123

Post Number: 9
Thanks Dave
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us