Can't get speakers to all work at same time

Username: Techdiff

Post Number: 3
I just purchased a Samsung 51" DLP HDTV and a YAmaha HTR 5830 reciever and speakers (5.1 surround sound). Anyways, I am having problems getting all the speakers to produce sound at the same time. I can always get my sub to work, but when my center channel speaker is working my main left speaker and right surround sound speaker does not work, when both those speakers work I can't get my center channel speaker and my right speaker and left surround sound speaker does not work. Right now (although I know it could be bad for my speakers) I have 2 speakers running into one port in the back of my receiver to get sound from all my speakers. I have read my manuals up and down and back and forth, but can't seem to pin point where the problem might be. Also, when I have the tv on regular cable channels I can hear my tv speakers, but if I put it on a HDTV channel I cannot hear any sound from the TV itsself. I have bought the higher end speaker wire and also the top component audio and video cables and have them hooked up properly (at least I think I do). If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

Username: Mumbo

Post Number: 4
Why do you have "2 speakers running into one port in the back of my receiver to get sound from all my speakers"? That sounds like a sign for why things aren't as they should be.

Silver Member
Username: Helpful_smurf

Post Number: 167
Also, in full surround the speakers don't all fire at the same time anyway. The whole point is that the surrounds do different things at different times. Likewise the Sub, it only kicks in when big bass is required like during explosions etc..

If all speakers played the same thing at the same time there would be no surround effect. The point of it is to move sound from one end of the room to the other to give motion to the sound and create a deeper immersion.

Unregistered guest
I have logitech 5.1 x-530 speakers and a turtle beach sound card. All my speakers produce sound, but my center one doesn't when all the others do. I can switch the cables into different ports on the back of my pc, but then either the front or rear speakers wont work. I cant get them all to work. Please e-mail me at fuzzypumpkins@hotmail.com if you can.

Unregistered guest
I also have a turtle beach sound card with the x530 speaker but my center channel does not work at all. i tried another set of x530s already on the card and the same thing happens. does any one know of any flaws in the turtle beach cards. Or am i doing something wrong. please help.
Email: keston_sinanan@bat.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us