Apex TV with off center display! help!

Username: Bigwillie

Post Number: 1
Hello all, I have an 2 year old apex tv that has begun displaying off center, for example, at the bottom of the tv if captions are displayed it will cut off about half the captions, not a major display problem, but very annoying! The model # is AT2708. Can anyone tell me what is wrong.

Username: Bigwillie

Post Number: 2
please

Daremo
Unregistered guest
Im having the same issue with my Apex TV. Im trying to find if there is a service mode it can be put into to maybe recalibrate something.

Daremo
Unregistered guest
Figured it out. Put the TV into service mode. Turn it on then press mute on the remote and hold it down and press Video on the TV and hold that down. After about 3 seconds a large S will appear in the top middle of the screen. You should be able to now scroll up and down with the arrow keys and change settings. Dont change anything except for settings having to do with Hsomething and Vsomething. You could really mess up the TV. When finished press power.

Eddied
Unregistered guest
I have the same problemwith text at the top &bottom of the screen. My Apex is a model PF 3220. I tried to access the service mode but it didn't work. Is there anyone out there that knows how to get into the service mode on this model?

Sweetsweetback
Unregistered guest
Here's how to fix it - I have a PF 2425, and it's driven me absolutely up the wall. Videogames are useless because you can't even see the crucial gauges etc. Likewise, subtitles and credits in films are cut off. it's ridiculous, especially considering how easy it is to fix (if you know how).

1. Decrease volume to 0.
2. Press MUTE so the tv says "MUTE" onscreen.
3. Hold MUTE on the REMOTE and MENU on the TV simultaneously until the service menu appears.

It's important not to screw around here too much. Use your arrows on the remote to navigate, the first option likely will say "MENU.0" or something like that. Use that to flip through the pages. What you're looking for are values like V Zoom, V Scroll, etc. Same goes with the H values. Toy with these a little and you'll be able to get the tv scanning perfectly.

I can confirm this worked for me! So good luck.

Username: Ernhart

Post Number: 1
My APEX TV has the same problem. The vertical is way off I tried both of the sugestions posted here and neither one brings up anything to do with the V or H values. Can any one help me? Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us