Hooking up DVD Recorder with HDTV/DVR

Username: Mwest007

Post Number: 1
Ok Ive tried a couple of ways and have failed everytime. The Manual doesnt show you how to hookup with HDTV?
Specs
Motorola Dual Tuner from Comcast and Panasonic DMR-ES20S..
Do I need splitters? Im not sure what else to try really? Any suggestions/diagrams would help..

Username: Tvaddict

Post Number: 1
Good luck. I've had the same problem for months and gave up. I have a DirecTV HDDvr and cannot for the life of me record from the TIVO to a DVD recorder or VHS tape. I hope someone out there can help us.

jc710
Unregistered guest
I just got a new vcr/dvd recorder combo and have been trying all day to hook it up with a hd tv and hd cable box. Finally got the dvd recorder and hd to work with the same wiring scheme, but can't figure out how to record one channel and watch another. Is this possible to do with a cable box?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2085
You can only watch analog channels while recording digital channels.

jc710
Unregistered guest
So would i need to then split the cable line with one straight to tv and another to cable box then dvd recorder/vcr? If I do this though, would I still be able to watch hd channels with one line running from wall straight to tv and not upconverted through the box? How can i hook this up and have hd when im not recording? Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 2087
If the box only has 1 output, you'd need to use a switcher. If the box has 2 outputs, connect one to the TV and 1 to the recorder. The only channels you can get without the box are analog SD channels.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us