Can cable card damages the TV? Need help

Username: Daen

Post Number: 1
I bought a Pioneer 43 plasma HDTV after thanksgiving. Four days ago, I asked Comcast to install cable card to receive HDTV program. The guy came and took 2 hours to try to install the cable card without luck. The guy pluged and unpluged the cable card many many times without turning off the power on TV, and suddenly my TV is failed without any pictures and sound. Even I unpluged the power, waited for days, and turned on the TV, still no picture and no sound. It happeded when the guy was there, and the other technican came 3 day later, and checked my TV, said my TV is defective, and there is nothing to do with cable card and comcast. How can it be like this? Can someone tell me what is is the possiblity? The comcast won't do anything even my tv is damaged in the middle of the installation of cable card. I am very very frustrated now. Any suggestion is appreciated. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Cableguy

Deep in the ... U.S.

Post Number: 550
Does the TV work without the cable card installed? More importantly, since your TV should still be under factory warranty, you should contact them to fix whatever the problem is causing it to not work properly. Short of pure guessing, I don't believe there is anything that a cable tech could do that would cause your TV to not work at all. It is possible that installing the card could have locked up your system, but can't be blamed on anybody since installing a card is part of the feature in your TV and should work. Check with your factory rep and see what they can do. I've never had anything freeze up to the point during an install that couldn't be fixed by removing the card and rebooting the TV. If it works without the card in, and doesn't with it in, you need to contact Pioneer and find out what is locking up when the card is inserted.

Username: Daen

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your suggestion. TV won't work without cable card. I pluged the power cord without cable card, there is even no snows on the screen, totally black and silent, what I can hear is only serveral click sound in the first begining. The TV failed in the middle of installation, I guess there may be related to the technican's wrong operation, plug and unpulg with the power on, or ..., which caused the system overloaded. If this is not the case, I cann't blame on them. Thanks again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us