My Panasonic Plasma TH-42PWD4 picture melted!?!

Username: Rrankins

Post Number: 1
Tonight, my Panasonic Plasma TH-42PWD4 appears to have died. The unit is just shy of 4 years old. It's been working wonderfully until tonight when while it was on, it started making a loud buzzing noise and the picture slowly started
"melting". At least that's what it looked like. The picture slowly was fading to black from top to bottom and it almost looked like the blackness was flowing down the screen - it didn't go in a straight line but looked like a black plasma flow (pun intended).

Now, when I turn it on, the screen is completely black and there is still a loud buzzing noise. Doesn't matter which input I use. Also no setup menu comes up either.

Anybody have any idea what the problem might be? Is it something that maybe can be fixed, or should I bite the bullet and spring for a new HD set? I really hoped I would have gotten more than 4 years out of this thing.

Thanks,
Ray

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 175
could be a chip board. how much did you use the tv per day? are there fans? are they clogged?

Silver Member
Username: Rysa4

Post Number: 215
Rays question and situation have been fully explored on avsforum.com. The inner glass cracked and the crack gradually extended across the entire screen. This may have been a mounting issue, an issue related to fireplace heat, or a defect in production. It is not repairable.

Username: Durandb

Post Number: 1
Ray do you still have your 42PWD4?

Email me
Bernard Durand
bernard@foodery.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us