Samsung TX-R3079WH Hook up issues

Username: Stormlock

Post Number: 1
First off I'm a bit new to this so bear with me.

I just bought a Samsung TX-R3079WH HDTV and life is not good. Most of my other video components are a bit older but I don;t have the cash to upgrade these at this time so here's the problem.

I can get my satelite signal no problem. When I hooked up my Toshiba W522CF VCR to the TV following the hook up instructions provided y Samsung.

I can get signal from the VCR to the TV via the VCR's cable coax output and the TV's second coax input.

I ran the video and audio output from the TV back to the audio and video input of the VCR (for recording the TV's output, but I cannot seem to get a signal from the TV that the VCR can record.

Previously to buying the new TV, I ran everything through the VCR, do I have to revert to this set up?

Any help is appreciated.

Storm

Username: Mochunk

Post Number: 1
I too just picked up (barely, oomf!) This model and am trying to hook it up in the same manner with no luck I can not get a signal to the vcr. Out back to it is fine.

I too do not want to go back to routing all signals back to the vcr. What's the point of having the dvr hdtv cable box if I can't run the 5 cable to the tv as normal and use the AV OUT to the vcr to record, instead of the way it used to route to the vcr then to the old tv via coax. Seems like kind of a waste.

Anyone find a solution to this? So far this post is the only mention I can find of the problem, although a bit more hard googling is in order.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us