Vhs tapes to sony vaio

Username: Akshaey

Post Number: 1
hello, i really needs some help. I recently bought a new sony vaio,. I later learned that my vcr could be hooked up to it, i tried but i could not get anything to play on my monitor. Can some one give me some details how to do so.
Basically, what i want is: i have a few vhs tapes that i want to convert to dvd. So i guess if i can capture them into the memory of my pc, i can digitilize them.

thanks

Username: Bucketweet

California USA

Post Number: 4
I have a Sony Vaio as well. You first need to determine if you have any video software installed. I have the Gigapocket software package which allows viewing of a video signal through the inputs. If you have Gigapocket you should have no problem. Remeber that you will use up quite a bit of memory when recording to the hard drive. Just be sure you have enough memory.

Jamer
Unregistered guest
Hey what cable did you use to connect your laptop to your VCR? on my vaio i have a small yellow connector, the size of a 3.5mm headphone jack, so far i have not found any cable that seems to fit into this connection? i have brought a s video cable, maybe that will fit?!
Any help will be nice!

Thanks!

Jamer

Username: Xol

Post Number: 5
If your tapes are commercial ( for instance Disney ) you will have protection problem as well

JRP
Unregistered guest
I had the same problem for a long time. I was so frustrated. Then I realized that I had plugged the video cables into the IN port of the VCR. IF it doesn't pop up in Giga that is what you might be doing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us