Unlocking Polaroid PDM-2727 Car DVD Player

Username: Bkoul

Post Number: 1
Hi all:

Can someone please help me in figuring out the code to unlock Polaroid PDM-2727 Car DVD Player so that it can be used in other regions.
Your help would be much appreciated.

The url for the product is:
http://www.polaroid.com/global/detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441763902&FO LDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302029016&bmUID=1132932059528&bmLocale=en_US

Thanks,
Bkoul

Stevenxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unregistered guest
To unlock the Polaroid PDM-2727, I used almost the same hack than the Polaroid PDV-800 (seems the polaroids have similar cracks):

1. Remove DVD disc from unit.
2. Turn on the DVD player.
3. Using the remote control, press the "setup" scroll down to "Preferences"

Note: If there is a disc in the player, you will not see the "Preferences" tab!!!!

4. Enter code number 1379 with the remote, the region changing code menu will appear. Then use the ENTER key of the remote to select another region code. as "0" was not available, I tried "9" and it works fine.
5. press the "enter" to save and exit.

It seem to read NTSC and PAL films

Username: Bkoul

Post Number: 3
Thanks Steven. Which countries does 9 support. Is it like 0 i.e. all regions. You mentioned NTSC and PAL. Those are precisely what I am looking for. If it is not too much trouble, can you please see if it can be set to Region 5. I want to buy it for my nephews who are overseas and as such need to make sure before I make the purchase.

Thanks in advance,
B Koul
kaul_b@yahoo.com

Stevenxxxxxxxxx
Unregistered guest
Sorry for the very long answer,
I do not believe the region code 9 is assigned to any country zone. After using region 9, the player is reading correctly all my NTSC US DVD's (region 1) and all my PAL french DVD's (Region 2).
The player is a couple of months old now, still works great.
The transformer with the player was 110V and not 110V/240V as expected, but I use it in the car so I do not care too much.

try this site:
http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=hometheater&zu=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.psreporter.com%2Fdvd_region_codes.html

raoul12345
Unregistered guest
A couple of key words so people can find this trick:
region free region code unlock dvd player polaroid pdm 2727 pdm-2727 walmart wallmart crack portable
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us