Poor cable picutre quality with DVD Recorder hooked up

Username: Lxcanuck

Regina, SK Canada

Post Number: 1
I have tried 3 different DVD recorders (sharp, sanyo, liteon) and all 3 have caused problems with my cable picture quality (dvd's look fine). I have basic cable running through coaxial cable into the recorder and out to the tv. Then a 2nd set of cables from the 2ndary output on the recorder to the 2ndary input on the tv. When i do the same with a vcr, i have no problems. I've tried different coax cables, s-video, rca etc, even a signal booster with no luck. The picture gets quite grainy, and i even have lines travelling across the screen on some channels, and this shows up when recording as well. The salesman at the store says others have had this problem, but no one around can tell me why. Anyone here know why this might be happening?

Username: Alnew

Post Number: 2
Similar a problem obviously not in yours DVD-recorder, if a problem on them on all a three. Various cables too have not helped you. The TV too is not guilty, as with vcr the signal in the TV comes and is displayed without distortions.

Try measure a voltage in a network. Check up the oscillogram. Probably the sinusoid of the electric current received by you from a network has poor-quality characteristics.

Username: Alnew

Post Number: 3
Though if and at other owners of similar technics the same problems, most likely the reason in what that other....

Unregistered guest
I have an LG RH7500 HDD Recorder and have connected it to a sky+ box. When viewing the picture through the dvd player the colours go slightly darker and the picture in general looks not quite tuned in properly however this is a digital signal going in to the dvd recorder through a scart lead on the AV2 channel. Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this????

Anonymous

I have the LG 7500 too, same problems. Like RGB is not being output, but it should be and the switch on the back is set to RGB correctly. Are all these machines rubbish. Anyone help.

wilma
Unregistered guest
I have an older Sanyo TV hooked up to Comcast cable DVR with a coaxial RF modulator with 3 RCA lines. I am trying to hook up a dvd player/recorder. I just bought a 4 way modulator with 4 RCA inputs and 1 RCA output. I have tried all the hook up posibilities and still can't get the dvd player to work, no picture and no sound. Please...someone help me with hook up and am I not doing something right with the universal remote?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us