Using Component Connection w/progressive really grainy

Username: Jmwest95

Post Number: 1
Hi folks, looking for a bit of help.

I picked up a DLP HDTV, and originally hooked up my DVD player via S-Vid. The picture looked pretty good, and I was initially satisfied.

Then, I noticed that I could hook up the DVD player via a component connection and enable progressive scan on it. My understanding was that the picture would be even better. To my great disappointment, the picture was quite a bit worse than the S-Vid connection. It's actually quite bad...my regular TV signal(HD reciever not hooked up yet)actually looks better than the DVD.

Anyone have an idea what could be wrong? My only thought was cables...because I didn't go high-end on them...but I can't imagine them making such a significant difference. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Reinhart

Post Number: 179
"Then, I noticed that I could hook up the DVD player via a component connection and enable progressive scan on it. My understanding was that the picture would be even better. To my great disappointment, the picture was quite a bit worse than the S-Vid connection. It's actually quite bad...my regular TV signal(HD reciever not hooked up yet)actually looks better than the DVD."

What DVD player are you using?

Try using your DVD player in interlace mode with the component video connection and let your television deal with the deinterlacing conversion. - Reinhart
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us