What is an acceptable occurrence of picture rollling?

Unregistered guest
I have a Pioneer Elite DV S733A, better known as the DV 47A in some countries. I have noticed that on some discs I always getting the picutre rolling in certain scenes. It always happens at exactly the same place in the film. The rolling may only happen for a few seconds, but it is enough to be really annoying. Is this a common problem or should I get my machine serviced?

I have tried playing the problem scenes on another player, and in every case the picture has been fine. I guess it would be fair to conclude therefore, that the problem is with the player and not the disc.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so, is there an easy fix? I have tried lens-cleaning cds, but this has made no improvement. I also generally clean my discs with anti-static tissues prior to playing. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 1917
I've been using DVDs since 98, I've never seen the picture roll. If it's an older Pioneer player, they've got a lawsuit against them for making players out of specs. You may want to join the lawsuit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us