Having a "blonde" moment and need help with a JVC HDTV

Username: Sarahs

Post Number: 1
Hi Everyone,
I am in need of help and I heard this is where the experts are :-) I recently purchased a JVC HDTV model HD56G786 and have some questions. I tried calling JVC and they were not any help at all. OK, here are my problems:
I have my DVD player hooked up to the TV and when I play a widescreen DVD the picture does not fill up the screen. My DVD player is at least 5 years old. How do I get the picture to fill up the screen (oh, its a Panasonic DVD player - I dont know the model).
I also have a PS 2 hooked up and the games dont fill up the screen either. I changed the settings on the PS to display in 16:9 and it didnt work.
Is there anyway to change the brightness of the gray bars on the screen (I dont know what they are called).
I know, I'm such a girl but I really want this to work :-)
Thank you soooo much in advance,
Sarah

Bronze Member
Username: The_nerdly_guy

Post Number: 33
Sarah,

TechLore has an article that should really help answer your question. It's called "How various DVD aspect ratios will appear on your TV screen". There's a few other articles there that talk about widescreen DVDs.

SamRyuWeb
Unregistered guest
Sarah, I have the same series HDTV and you can change the screen mode from standard, full, pannoramic from the remote. It's located up towards the top of the remote, button w/ 4 arrows inside a box... hope this helps.

Samson
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us