Problem with Viewsat

Username: Xpehbam

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 10
Hi! I have problem with downloading new files to viewsat. I am using the viewsat loader , try diferent COM ports, but still it's don't want to download any file to my Viewsat..Can somebody help me how to ?? maybe they was some tricks.. I don't know..Any info realy help.
Thank you!

satlover
Unregistered guest
Viktor,
you will need to turn the Viewsat power switch to OFF (in the back), on your computer: run the loader 2, open the file(s), click on PC->STB then turn the power switch on the Viewsat to ON ... that's it !

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

Greensboro, NC

Post Number: 11
Satlover Thank you! Very much...It's work..Thank you!!!!

Username: Izzy786

Mississauga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 1
hi to every body I am new Please let me know what new key for my Viewsat 2000 and how I can down load.please.please

Bronze Member
Username: Thehitch

Fla.

Post Number: 63
Last nite after loading new bin into clsat pro in preparation to sell to a friend I had me a brewski and began setting up my new vwsat, well this morning after loading chnls to begin testing all I had was black screen and as I was researching possible causes I read if I stopped download prematurely I MAY have ruined it. I am not a 100% sure this is what I did, but befor I try anything else are there any steps I can take to make sure I don`t further damage if it isn`t already damaged. I am a little gunshy and thought I would ask the professionals befor I reset it or tried reloading. Once again I am relying on you guys and as always, very grateful for your help.

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 487
@Thehitch

Just reflash it, nothing will happened to your receiver, god only knows how many times I've stopped the transfer in the middle of the process and nothing would happened, it just goes back to your previous flash.

AnTuKa
Unregistered guest
Hi h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

We were talking about which receiver to get, and your idea was really helped and appreciated. I've received my new Viewsat 2000 yesterday. Now I have couple questions of Viewsat to bother you again. (I've played with the receiver, and read the user's manual before I post this message)

1. What kind of switch should I get if I want to install my 2nd or 3rd FTA receiver? (I have a Super Dish installed). Do DP34 compatible with my Viewsat?

2. What is the different between "Antenna Setup" and "Channel Scan"? I've setup my satellite 110, 119, and 121 in "Antenna Setup". Is it necessary to run "Channel Scan" again?

3. What is "Blind Scan"? I found this function in both "Antenna Setup" and "Channel Scan". But I lost all of my signal, and channel after I ran it.

4. What is .hex and .sat file? I have updated the new bin file and it looks working all right. Is it necessary to update these 2 files too?

Thank you for your time again.

AnTuKa
Unregistered guest
Hi h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

We were talking about which receiver to get, and your idea was really helped and appreciated. I've received my new Viewsat 2000 yesterday. Now I have couple questions of Viewsat to bother you again. (I've played with the receiver, and read the user's manual before I post this message)

1. What kind of switch should I get if I want to install my 2nd or 3rd FTA receiver? (I have a Super Dish installed). Do DP34 compatible with my Viewsat?

2. What is the different between "Antenna Setup" and "Channel Scan"? I've setup my satellite 110, 119, and 121 in "Antenna Setup". Is it necessary to run "Channel Scan" again?

3. What is "Blind Scan"? I found this function in both "Antenna Setup" and "Channel Scan". But I lost all of my signal, and channel after I ran it.

4. What is .hex and .sat file? I have updated the new bin file and it looks working all right. Is it necessary to update these 2 files too?

AnTuKa
Unregistered guest
Hi h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

AnTuKa
Unregistered guest
Opps, I did this by mistake...

satlover
Unregistered guest
IF it is working, don't need to update any file.
Those 2 files should be .cha & .sat not.
Viewsat needs 3 files: bin for operation, .cha & .sat for channel list & satellite info.

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 64
Thanks alot h3lt3r_sk3lter, I didn`t evev need to reflash it. All I did last nite was put the current bin in it, no chan., no sat info, I had 703 chnls and just dropped down fifty or so chnls and there they were, so I can either delete unused chnls or flash with chnl list, which I was having a prob. opening, thats why I didn`t bother with it last nite. Thank you very much for the advice. I hope to be able to reciprocate to others as I learn more.

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
@AnTuKa

1. Yes it's compatible with any FTA receiver (it's just like diseq with extra outputs).

2. When you click on any sat in Antenna Setup you'll see a list of programmed tp's, what channel scan will do is scan those tp's for channels.

3. Blind scan on the other hand will scan for both TP's and Channels.

Try loading an updated channel list and make sure your diseq settings on the receiver match your physical setup.

Username: Bernardl

Hi every body,

my channels are all blank on the viewsat 2000. How do i get them back ? Where can I get the bin files that i need to down load. Help please

Bronze Member

Fla.

Post Number: 65
Bernard I`ll tell you just like I was told READ. If you look down the list of threads where you posted this, you`ll see pertinent info. Not trying to be smart, but the knowledgeble ones here are stretched thin so help them and yourself and READ.

AnTuKa
Unregistered guest
Thanks a lot h3lt3r_sk3lt3r and satlover.

New Yorker
Unregistered guest
@ Bernard Lewis

Go to dssCommunity.cm you can get all the file you need.

Anonymous

Does anybody else get black screen when powering up viewsat. Seems you have to toggle up or down a few chs before it comes in.What would cause this? anybody?

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 123
Anon, I don`t with my vst. plt., I get osd displaying chnl. its currently on, chnl it was on when I turned it off.

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 269
Anon, what file are you using?

Anonymous

Spanky it's been like this since i got vs plat. I've used them all ..presently 81....never had this problem with c@@lsat or BB.I've heard others say the same at al7.If you leeave the power on it works fine.Must be the bin?

Silver Member
Username: Spank

Post Number: 272
Yeah , I have heard the same as well, but it has never happened with mine. Have you just loaded the .pgm files to your box or have you applied a .sat and .hex file as well?

Anonymous

Spanky i've loaded the lastest satinfo and hex and 81+newskins2...maybe mrviewsat would know thanks anyways.

dssjunkie
Unregistered guest
What com port are u using? try number 2 com port that works, also with file u are using you do not need to blind scan just channel scan and if u want down load list as well.

Anonymous

does antbody know what are the new keys for the viewsat 2000

Username: Quehuong7035

I just bought a new VIEWSAT VS2000 Platinum
I don't know how to set up , Can anyone out there PLEASE tell me how ? a million THANKS

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 789
KE...start READING...register here

[link removed]

now read this link after U register...its all about the viewsat ..and getting started

[link removed]

Silver Member
Username: Timscarlet

Dayton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 146
tips and tricks of the viewsat menu functions:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turn "OFF" the PASSWORD challenge each time you access the menu

HOW to...

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- FACTORY DEFAULT -- PARENTAL CONTROL

MENU LOCK -- Change to "OFF"

Now, the PASSWORD challenge box will no longer display when accessing the MENU.

Also note that no channels will be PASSWORD PROTECTED either.

Now, you shouldn't be bothered by having to type in a PASSWORD before viewing/changing settings.

------------------------------

Time Set

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- TIME SETTING

Set the "TIME ADJUSTMENT" (2nd line) to your offset from GMT (UTC)

For example, Eastern is -5:00

Now, the time displayed on the ViewSat Front Panel Display and in the various screens will be your correct local time.

NOTE: "Summer Time" is not a valid option for US Users. Ignore this setting.
----------------------------------

SORT Channels in Dish order
(To get them in numerical order (100,101,102,105)

MENU -- Edit Channels -- OK

RIGHT arrow x 4 to highlight last icon
(Sort channel list)

"OK"

DOWN arrow x 4 to "Sort by SID"

"OK" (Channel are sorted in < 1 second)

EXIT, "YES" to Save (Updates and saves information)

EXIT to TV screen and watch TV
---------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Factory Default ViewSat Reset

Why would I want to "reset" my STB back to the Factory Default?

Messed up channel list; wrong satelitte info; changed settings; box working improperly, etc

HOW to...

MENU -- INSTALLATION FACTORY DEFAULT

OK
(Box will STILL hold the last *.PGM file you uploaded and your satinfo.sat data.
Unless you believe the satinfo.sat file is corrupted, there is no need to transfer this file back to your STB.)

Your scanned channel area and the system settings (Password, time, antenna settings, etc) will be reset to defaults and will need to be changed to your desired settings.

-------------------------------

Function Keys--What Do They Do?

F1 - Muti-Picture screen
This key will open 4, 6, or 9 individual pictures on your TV screen. One picture is a live feed and the others are "still" frames from the other channels. You can use the LEFT and RIGHT ARROW keys to scroll between screens. Pressing "OK" in a new screen changes that picture to a "LIVE" action and freezes the prior "live" screen.

F2 - Mystery key. Turns your TV screen black; has S110 in the upper LEFT corner. Unknown function.

F3 - Drive Motor Menu
Those using a drive motor on their dish has access to Storing the location the dish is pointing towards or moving the dish EAST or WEST of its current location.

F4 - ZOOM Picture
The ZOOM function is multi-purpose. When viewing a "live" picture, pressing "OK" will enlarge the entire screen while your live action continues.

When used in conjunction with the "PAUSE" key, you can pause the live screen action, use the LEFT, RIGHT, UP, DOWN keys to move the ZOOM BOX around the screen. When satisfied with your position, pressing "OK" will enlarge that portion of your still frame picture. Additionally, when pressing the "PAUSE" key, audio continues unchanged.
============================================
============================================
STB --> PC Data Save to Your PC (uploading from receiver)

Notes:
LOADER2 will SAVE your CHANNEL info as "chaninfo.cha"--usually in the LOADER2 directory when using the MENU-INSTALLATION--RECEIVER UPGRADE--CHANNEL option.

LOADER2 will SAVE your SAT INFO file as "satinfo.sat"--usually in the LOADER2 directory when using the MENU-INSTALLATION--RECEIVER UPGRADE--SATELLITE U001 option.

LOADER2 will SAVE "ALL" your info as "chaninfo.cha"--usually in the LOADER2 directory when using the MENU-INSTALLATION--RECEIVER UPGRADE--ALL INFORMATION option.

If your existing files in the LOADER2 directory (or whichever directory LOADER 2 writes file to) are named "chaninfo.cha" and/or "satinfo.sat" and are valuable, RENAME the existing files BEFORE proceeding. If you do not rename the existing file(s), they will be over-written and the previous data will be lost.

Connect your NULL MODEM cable between the ViewSat and the PC
Power to the ViewSat is to be "ON"

TO SAVE CHANNEL INFO:

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- RECEIVER UPGRADE -- CHANNEL

Open LOADER2 in your PC

Click STB --> PC

Data will automatically move from the STB to the PC and be stored as "chaninfo.cha" usually in your Loader2 directory

---------

TO SAVE "SAT INFO" INFO:

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- RECEIVER UPGRADE -- SATELLITE U001

Open LOADER2 in your PC

Click STB --> PC

Data will automatically move from the STB to the PC and be stored as "satinfo.sat" usually in your Loader2 directory

----------------

TO SAVE ALL USER DATA INFO:

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- RECEIVER UPGRADE -- ALL INFORMATION

Open LOADER2 in your PC

Click STB --> PC

Data will automatically move from the STB to the PC and be stored usually in your Loader2 directory

==============================================

Clone A ViewSat * STB --> STB Data Transfer between VS boxes
For use in cloning one ViewSat to another.

a. Connect the "Master" ViewSat to your TV; Power switch "ON"

b. Connect the "Clone" to the wall power; switch Power "OFF"

c. Connect the "Master" and "Clone" ViewSats using a NULL MODEM cable

d. MENU--INSTALLATION--RECEIVER UPGRADE--ALL INFORMATION

e. "OK" and the "MASTER" ViewSat sets up to send data to the "Clone" ViewSat

f. Turn the "Clone" ViewSat's power switch to "ON" and the transfer begins

NOTE: AFter the transfer is completed, the "Clone" ViewSat needs up to 1 minute to process the transferred data.

Watch the Front Panel on the "Clone" ViewSat.
"inst" will be displayed for ~ 15 seconds

"DONE" will be displayed for ~ 10 seconds

REBOOT will occur automatically without user intervention

" on " will be displayed during reboot

"0 0 0 0" will show when the "Clone" has finished--no more than 1
minute after data transfer

You may now Power "OFF" the "Clone" ViewSat, disconnect the NULL MODEM cable and go use your new Clone ViewSat
=====================================================

Change PASSWORD

WHY?
To keep anyone from changing settings in the MENU and to lock out channels from viewing unless the viewer knows the PW.

HOW to...

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- PARENTAL CONTROL -- Change PIN Code

ENTER NEW PIN code (4 digit number)

"OK"

CONFIRM NEW PIN code (same 4 digit number)

"OK"

EXIT back to TV screen

----------------------------------------------------

MENU and RECEIVER LOCKS

WHY?
Menu:
To keep anyone from changing settings in the MENU without inputting the correct 4-digit code

RECEIVER:
To prevent anyone from watching ANY programming on the ViewSAt without inputting the correct 4-digit code

HOW to...

MENU LOCK:

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- PARENTAL CONTROL -- MENU LOCK = "ON"

EXIT back to TV screen

RECEIVER LOCK:

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- PARENTAL CONTROL -- RECEIVER LOCK = "ON"

----------------------------------

Timer - Setting On and Off Time by teach

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Timer - Setting On and Off Time

MENU--INSTALLATION--TIME SETTING

ON TIME (set)
OFF TIME (set)

Exit to TV

---------------------------------------------

Manually Resetting Public Keys

MENU -- INSTALLATION -- CODE -- NAGRA

Provider Name : Dish
Provider ID : 01 01

Opkey0
key index : 08
- xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx : first 8 bytes of 16 bytes
key index : 09
- xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx : second 8 bytes of 16 bytes

Opkey1
key index : 88
- xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx : first 8 bytes of 16 bytes
key index : 89
- xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx : second 8 bytes of 16 bytes

=============================================

Setup a FUTURE Channel to Watch

If you have an upcoming show that you'd like to watch, you can set up the ViewSat to automatically tune that channel in for you.

GUIDE and scroll to the show AT THE FUTURE TIME you want to watch.

Press F1 and a RED bar will appear in the Guide for that program showing that you've RESERVED that show at that time to view.

While in GUIDE, FAV key will bring up a screen showing you what shows you've RESERVED to see at a future time.

To DELETE your reservation for watching a particular show at a future time, press GUIDE and scroll to that show and press F1; your RESERVED show will be cancelled.

-------------------------------------------------

chuck berry
Unregistered guest
check these sites out:

www.satellite100.com

Username: Abobo

Hi
I bought viewsat today
and it seems I cant have it run
when I start channel search for particular sattellite it says auto failed for some reason so I wont process the channels after finding them and even if I find them I have black screen with no sound
help

jonathancain
Unregistered guest
hey gents what bin files are compatible for use with a traxis 4500. help is appreciated.

Username: Abobo

Post Number: 2
hi
it seems with me trying flashing I lost the satellites list
it only showes three satellites any help how can I get the list back thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Thrill_is_gay

Post Number: 14
@al

listen fruitcake....don't know what the hell you are doing...but all you have to do is flash the reciever with the newest viewsat bin on there and setup your menu and then do a sat scan...what the hell is so hard about that..you must be a retard..ROTF

Username: Qais

hi
I just bought my Viewsat VS2000, Which sites do i download the programs for 110/119?

Silver Member

Post Number: 709
theeese:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-video/168756.html

Username: Qais

hi
someone downloaded the programs for my friend on his viewsat and he went to the MENU -- INSTALLATION --SETUP ANTENNA and he pressed the blind scan. Everything works except the FTA channels? And when you check the Antenna setup, there are only 2 sattelites---- Echostar 110 and echostar 119?? and nothing else. Originally, it had many satellites including Intelsat 5 but now it show and X????Please help

Silver Member

Post Number: 710
Your friend uploaded a channel list to your viewsat, that's why you only see those 2 sats, do a factory restore and you'll see others.

Having alot of preset sat's in your receiver does NOT give access to view them all at the same time, you'll have to realign your dish to each and every sat you want to receive signal from.

You probably have either a dish500 with twin lnb or a dish with 2 lnbs, that is why (I assume) you are able to watch 110 and 119.

1 lnb = 1 sat.

Username: Odoricocarvalho

Picos, Piaui Brazil

Hi,
Just got my Viewsat VS2000 Platinum, but I cant find the blind scan function. I'm running the last bin but there's nothing about blind search on it. Can anyone helpe me, please?

Silver Member

Post Number: 738
@ODORICO LEAL DE CARVALHO

Flash your receiver with a new factory bin, download it here:
[link removed]

Picos, Piaui Brazil

Hi, h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Flashing my receiver with this new factory bin, will I need to download the others files, extension .cha, .sat and .hex?
Thanks so much for your pacience.

Silver Member

Post Number: 744
No just download the factory bin:
http://www.viewsatusa .com/VS2000-v0501-ALPU-20051108.zip

Picos, Piaui Brazil

Post Number: 3
OK, h3lt3r_sk3lt3r

I've found the blind search feature, however it doesnt work well. I tested it in Brasilsat B3 and locked only two channels. It's a pity, indeed. Thanks for you help.

Unregistered guest
I WANT KNOW THE LAST CODES TO THE VIEWSAT 2000

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 205
Hey edrniev; Could you be a little more blunt?

Silver Member

Post Number: 807
You won't find anything on this website, it is now monitored by DN and FCC, your IP is constantly logged, if you don't want to be accused of any unlawful behaviour head on over to [link removed] , all helpers have moved there.

Username: Victorgolf

Santo domingo, Dn Dr

i'm new to the viewsat and i've done everything that
says in the forum and still no video or sound from my viewsat i change the channels and but nothing is on

Username: Victorgolf

Santo domingo, Dn Dr

i had direct tv before and my lnb is from that system it affects the signal or something

Username: Mrblue

hey guy's I am having problems downloading the loader 2 for my viewsat ! can anyone help me

Beat_This
Unregistered guest
@ Steve Blue

Get a new download of loader from somewhere on the Net, there are lots of places to download it from.

@ Victor Golf

DTV LNB works just fine for DN & BEV, no need to worry about it. They are the same DSS LNB's.

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 215
Beat this!! Golly-eeee, thanx sooo fcukin much fer the news. Let`s see, to recap, "get the loader somewhere on the net" well that really narrows it down only about 1.2 billion places, you are a veritible wealth of horsesh1t, you dumb azz.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1039
Thehitch
Silver Member

Don't mind him just a thill want-to-be LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 973
another uselesss post by maple leaf...help the guy ,if U know so much!

Silver Member

Post Number: 974
another uselesss post by maple leaf...help the guy ,if U know so much!...U're suppose to be the alleged new leader here...well lead ,provide info!...U can't,cause U have no knowledge of these things!...U and all your chimp buds are clueless..

1519-llihT
Unregistered guest
@ Maple Leaf don't worry about Thilly-e-boy
and Hitch-e-B1tch-e-boy, U the Boss, Not them
two fvcking fruitcakes...They need to go down to
the bus station and get Butt fvcked again, they
are acting like chimps again...

S_U_C_K IT Silly Thill....ROTF

Anonymous

Fruitcake, yet another name! And more Butt talk, you really must be Leafs hemeriod. You two deserve eachother and with all the voices in your head who needs TV....

Yet another useless post by the Butt Brothers!

COMEBAG
Unregistered guest
-Very good, Silly Thilly-boy....But U are wrong
again....Iam the pimple that was on the Bulldogs
azz....ROTF....And U are the useless tit that
hangs from the Bulldogs ballsack....ROTF

-U juct can't stay away....Tell me I would like
to know....Why do U keep coming back? And don't
tell me U love people because U put people down
more then anyone on this sight!......And also
I just might be a But brother....But U are a
dick-e-lic*ker mother fvcker son of a b1tch.ROTF

Bronze Member
Username: Thill1951

Post Number: 66
fcuking retards...ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 987
More USELESS posts by ML and his chimps!...nothing but bashing and NO helpful info..

Username: Jim_lahey

Post Number: 4
There's a sh#t storm a brewing!

1591-llihT-klaka
Unregistered guest
-Silly Thilly-boy,...are U stuck on fvcking
rewine again....FVCK OFF....comebag, azz o,
c_o_ck S-U-C-Ker, Dick-e-li*cker...Wind-bag
chimp sh*it...G*AY fvcking FA*G*G*OT....Go
home...Eat sh*it and die....ROTF

Silver Member

Post Number: 991
another useless bashing post!

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 221
Hey thill1951; I sure hope our presence doesn`t anger the natives(kneegs, etc.). You must be doing something right if they are all riled up with you helping again. Chaos does not rule, as we have proven to them!!!

Silver Member

Fla.

Post Number: 222
Hey Mabel Grief; You can go back to whatever hole you were hiding in, now that the real Thill1951akalk is back.

Gold Member
Username: Maple_leaf

Post Number: 1042
thill1951
Silver Member

Thehitch
Silver Member

Both of you can leave again and again. You are both losers that's why you came back!!!

hitch your are just thill 's xitch you just can't spell LMAO

BOTH LOSERS
Unregistered guest
@ Maple Leaf...U tell them two where to go...
They are nothing here or anywhere....ROTF

-@ Hitch-e-B1tch-e-boy are U still s_u_c_king
on Thilly-e-boys ballsack....ROTF

-O, O, We are leaving this sight and never
coming back..We give U Ecoustics tell 12 o,clock
today to clean up this sight or me and the boys
are leaving...."DID U EVER HEAR THAT BEFORE"....

-And look two of the COMEBAGS are back....Whats
wrong (DSSTE*TER.COM) wouldn't put up with your
crap FOOLS....U three fvcking jirks can fvck off
we don't need or want U...We have a "NEW" Leader
its Maple Leaf...And he is doing fine...

-Like Maple Leaf said..."YOU BOTH ARE LOSERS"....
What U need from me to Butt fvck both of U and
feed U both a can of SPAM chimp sh*it...ROTF

-All that U have done here Thily-boy was SPAM
this sight....COMEBAG...

He's my 4-skin
Unregistered guest
@ 31-4-Skins are U hanging with the other two
comebags....Sure U are....Once a comebag always
a come bag...rotf

Anonymous

Yes that 12 o'clock ultimatum has long since passed. And the loosers are back trying to suck up. And as far as Maple Leaf, he never claimed to be a leader. He's just the first one to make Gold Member. And if I remember right, Maple Leaf said a long time ago, he doesn't know a lot about the low-end FTAs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 998
ML and U chimps know NOTHING about FTA at all!...U chimps can't answer the simplest questions!

your posts are all useless bashing!

Anonymous

Are you still here??????????? honor your threat go away.

new to viewsat
Unregistered guest
OK simple question can i use the same channel list in my new viewsat as i do in my fortec?Thanks guys

Username: Biggbird

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Hey guys. I can't get 119 on my viewsat. I have 2 dishes 110 is no problem but 119 will not process channels?

compspec1
Unregistered guest
Anyone having problems switchng since flashing with 261 or 264? I am running a 2500a with a dish 500 and DP twin LNB's. This system worked great for some time now. After flashing to 261 the stb wouldn't process channels on 119 anymore. I erased the channel list and re-flashed it with the same channel list and now 119 works and 110 does not. Tried blind scan and says no programming found on 110. The epg works on both sats, but I still get scrambled or bad channel msg on 110??? Any Suggestions???

Pattyboy
Unregistered guest
where can I download Loader2, on the vs site I can only get loader 1
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us