Cox support for HDMI on HD DVR?

Username: Mandc23

Post Number: 2
Has anyone heard if or when Cox is going to support using the HDMI port on their HD DVR? I've got it hooked up with my HDMI cable going directly to my plasma. The box has an annoying habit of rebooting itself, whether it's powered on or not. I'd really rather use the HDMI output than component, but I don't want to take the chance of the box not recording a show because it's doing its random reboot. Any ideas?

fx
Unregistered guest
The Motorola DCT-6412 Phase III STB currently supports HDMI. Ask your local tech for one of these, it is possible that your local Cox office has a large suply of the Phase II units and will not have any Phase III anytime soon. If you have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD don't hold your breath.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member
Username: Cuylar

MN USA

Post Number: 115
Make sure you get a 6412p3 with the firmware 12.22 or higher or you will have issues with the HDMI.

fx
Unregistered guest
Since you have no control of the firmware version
checking that won't really make any diffeence. Plus the HDMI issues do not conflict with all brands of displays but it is useful knowledge nonetheless.

xvxvxvx

Silver Member

MN USA

Post Number: 121
I have comcast and they let me swap the box out at their local office. We had to check 4 boxes before we found one that had 12.22. Check with your company if they will do the same for you.

Username: Jeslokin

Lake Forest, CA

Post Number: 1
I have the 64xx (not sure what phase, etc) with Cox service. I've been using HDMI for quite some time with my Philips. I've never had the reset issue, but HD recorded shows often have pixalation to the point of frustration. The DVR seems to halt with loud noises. This is my 2nd box with the same issue. Any thoughts?

Silver Member

MN USA

Post Number: 130
the roman numeral 3 (III) will appear after the model # if it is a phase 3.

Upload

Check the diag. menu.

Press Power (off)
Press Select/Ok

Look through the menus.

Anonymous

If you have an SA box, you cannot switch to Moto since the Cable company will only have one type in a specific area

Username: Ned30

Post Number: 1
How do you check which firmware you have because im having the same hdmi reboot issues on a 6412p3.

Silver Member

Burnsville, MN USA

Post Number: 187
power

select/ok

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us