Buzzing sound in tv

Sean W.
Unregistered guest
i had a magnavox 25" for about 12 years. i replaced it because it had a buzzing sound in it. now i have a sanyo 30" widescreen hdtv, i still have that buzzing sound. I unhooked the vcr, receiver and still that buzzing sound. if i got to return this heavy tv, i going to be upset. i have a basic cable connection. no cable box but i hooked the cable through the dvd recorder i bought to replace the vcr. it hard for me to enjoy this tv with this buzzing sound. please help

fx
Unregistered guest
You have a ground loop problem. Are you using three prong plugs in all your outlets on that particular circuit? Have you disconnected the DVD recorder as well? You should try having only the TV plugged in and see if the buzzing is gone. Then reconnect items one by one to discover what is causing the problem.

xvxvxvx

fx
Unregistered guest
One more idea. What new electronic appliance have you added at the same time the buzzing began? A refrigerator? Or anything else that runs constantly, including an electronic alarm clock, digital clocks, think of anything.

xvxvxvx

Sean W.
Unregistered guest
I am using a three prong plug. I have Monster power extension cord. the new things i added were a receiver, a ps2, and ikea entertainment stand. and i will try disconnecting and reconnecting everything. I was also told that I may need to replace my rca jacks.

fx
Unregistered guest
Sean,

If the buzzing only occurs after you hook up your receiver audio cables see if your TV has an internal menu that allows you to disable it's own audio output.

Good Luck,

xvxvxvxv

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us