Big Problems with my SAMSUNG SP42W5HF1 - I need some help!

Username: Claireinmajorca

Majorca

Post Number: 1
I purchased my Samsung 42" Rear Projection TV in May 2003 in the UK and after moving to Majorca in March 2004,"cowboys" ( sorry, Samsung Approved Repairers )here repaired it in October 2004 and basically, its never worked since! Firstly, a colour tube blew, it was replaced and returned to me. It worked for less than an hour and has since been repaired a further 6 TIMES - and still doesn't work! Three times it was returned and blew up - smoke billowing from the back, covered in coffee stains ( obviously used during elevenses for their cups! ) and "tethered" like a goat with a tatty bit of old rope when collected in their van!!! Doesn't instill confidence in them as a Company, does it! I now have a Bill for 673.61 Euros - for colour tubes, a panel, etc, etc! I believe the initial repair wasn't carried out correctly and all ensuing "repairs" were caused due to poor workmanship! The TV was 5 months over its 12 month Guarantee ( I didn't take out a Coverplan Agreement! )when FIRST repaired but . . . . you would expect a £1300 TV to last a bit longer than 17 months, wouldn't you ? Samsung in Madrid just say pay the estimate, we will repair your TV and you can have it back - why should I pay the estimate ? I want a refund to buy another product! Has anyone else out there had the same problem with their Samsung TV ? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 403
You have been taken to the cleaners by the repair company. Any repair should have been relatively inexpensive and accomplished in your home. These guys know how to take advantage of a situation and escalate their profit. A Samsung regional rep should investigate their activity.
They can and should be reported to Executive Customer Relations at Samsung Corporate.

Samsung cares about their products and the service people who represent them. They will take action up to and including replacing your set due to multiple problems. By all means, let them know of each occurrance and your exeriences.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Majorca

Post Number: 2
FYI - Thank you for response! Unfortunately, I live in Majorca, Spain. If I lived in the USA or still in the UK I would probably be in receipt of a new Television by now! I initially complained to Samsung in the UK and my complaint was forwarded to Samsung Madrid in Mainland Spain. Their response was that if I wanted my Television back I would have to pay the estimate for the repair, end of! The ink on the previous repair's 3 month Guarantee is barely dry! Samsung in Madrid are fully aware of "each occurrence" and "my experiences" as they have been receiving requests for the numerous Parts from the "idiot" in Palma who is "attempting to repair my TV! Samsung DOESN'T care about its Products or their Purchasers - I'm proof of that!
PS: Your phrase "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" was lost on me I'm afraid - I'm English! I had to look it up!

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 404
You haven't escalated to the proper people yet.
Don't get cought up in first level support.
Ask for the ECR group specifically.
I would go as far as to contact Samsung Korea directly if that's what it takes.

Some would write it off.
I would not stop until I'm satisfied.

Majorca

Post Number: 3
FYI - ECR ? I don't think that Samsung Madrid or Samsung UK have one!
Don't worry - I'm not giving up!
I can't email Samsung Head Office in Korea because my computer doesn't type Korean!
If I get no satisfaction from my email to the Retailer I bought it from - then its a case of getting my pen and paper out and writing to Samsung in Korea!
So you reckon - if I persevere - I might eventually get somewhere ?

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 405
Absolutely!

ECR= Executive Customer Relations
Samsung Madrid has an equivalent.
I'm sure every division has one.
Corporate structure doesn't vary, usually.

Majorca

Post Number: 4
FYI - I thought I would keep you informed of my next "Plan of Action"! I have, yet again, contacted Samsung Madrid and asked for a DETAILLED Listing of ALL Parts ( and their Costs ) requested by the "Repair Shop" in Palma! I have also asked the Repair Shop in Palma for THEIR Listing with Costs! Just for cross-reference, you understand!!
Once I have all the ammunition in my possession - I then "tackle" the Supplier!!
Wish me luck!

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 406
While the hassle is unfortunate, to prevail might mean a new late model set.

In America, Samsung honors repairs that are only a few months out of warranty and then extends the warranty another 90 to 180 days without question. They operate very differently than Sony.

I wish you all the best, Claire.
Stay on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us