Just received HDTV, need advice

TV newbie
Unregistered guest
I'm a complete newbie when it comes to TVs since I don't watch them much, news and some prime time shows satisfied me quite well so far. But since the TV in my living room went dead I went out and bought the ASPECT by HITACHI 51" HDTV from Circuit City since it was on sale, just had it delivered this morning. To my surprise (or say, ignorance) there was no regular cable input on the back panel, only DVI, component and composite. I live in a huge apartment complex so every unit gets standard (80 something channels) Comcast cable for free, the reason I went HD was mainly for the the preparation for next-gen consoles, but I would still like to at least regular TV, picture quality is not a big concern to me.

So what are my options? How can I go about getting my picture back? Thanks very much in advance. BTW I'm in the SF bay area.

TV newbie
Unregistered guest
Anybody?

Username: Mini_5

Post Number: 1
Well what you have purchased aparently is a tv monitor,meaning that you dont have a tuner built into the set,therefore no need for the inferior f-pin (coaxial) connection. however not all is lost. If you want to still view free basic cable then i recommend using the tuner of a VCR with a/v connections to pull in your basic channels. Connect the cable from the wall into the VCR and come out composite (yellow,white,red) into the tvs video input. You can also always get your cable company to furnish you a cable box even though this will probably be an additional cost to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us