Panasonic dlp lamp burn out

Username: Dhadder

Post Number: 1
I recently had a lamp burn out. In the process of getting it replaced. I was looking at a Monster Cable power center on the CC site. Does anyone think this will help the life expectancy of these crappy lamps?

Silver Member
Username: Tombo777

Post Number: 808
You have already wasted too much money on the micro display techology. Don't throw good money after bad buy buying Monster anything. If you need a power conditioner try a much less expensive APC.

Silver Member
Username: Fyi

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 337
I don't agree with anything bong says here.

Lamps are subjected to transportation damage, on/off cycles, inadequate air flow resulting in excessive heat, improper cool down, and other factors, which may include voltage spikes.

I use an HTS2000 power strip plugged into a Belkin 500 uninterrupted power supply. The UPS allows for proper cool down in the event of a power outage.

Post Number: 2
Still do you think the power conditioner will help the life of the lamp?

Post Number: 3
I think the ups would have helped on my lamp. With the recent hurricans in south florida. My power has blinked about 12 times in the past month while i was watching the unit

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 339
Yea...that probably killed it.

There's nothing worse on lamp life than improper cool down. The heat has no way to escape because the fan isn't running.

You don't need a big UPS, either. Just enough to allow you to power the set off and let the fan do it's job will be ok. About 500VA to 850VA will work. (about $70)

Silver Member

Post Number: 811
Your lamp is only warranted by the manufacturer for 2160 hours. THATS A FACT.

You may have to baby it and soend more money for this and that. But in the end you will pay another $250 a year to own that TV.....Research is a wonderful thing.

FYI is a shill for Texas Instruments (DLP) and is not unbiased in his recomendations. Take that into consideration as well,

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 341
A lamp warranty is not an indication of the life expectancy of the lamp. Only an idiot would expect someone to believe such foolishness.
Take that into consideration as well.

Consumable lamp projectors will require lamps, but proper care can result in extended life expectancies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 812
"A lamp warranty is not an indication of the life expectancy of the lamp."

I agree insofar as Ford warranties their cars for only 36000 miles. But Ford makes no CLAIMS past that! A TV maker warrants their TVs for a year and makes NO claims past that.

These same TV makers DO CLAIM falsely a 6000-8000 hour LAMPLIFE can be expected with no conditions added! Yet whennyou Buy a lamp from them they silently offer a 90 day warranty (2160 hours) Go figure.

Just Divide 2160 by you hours use per day and you will have an excellent idea of your TV expenditure for the next few years.

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 342
I disagree!

Post Number: 4
how do you check your hour meter? and how do you reset it .

Silver Member

Dallas, Texas

Post Number: 346
What model Danie?

Username: Mouse48

Meriden, Connecticut USA

Post Number: 3
Hi! I bought my Panny PT-50LC14 on Sept. 2004 and also bought an Monster Power Powerbar 2100. I have not had any problems with the lamp yet. I keep my fingers and toes crossed. It is still going strong. I would like to know if there are any other PT-50LC14 owners out there with my luck and what are you doing to perserve the life of your lamp. Please email me with any info. Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us